Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TheBenior's GTI and Ducati Monster 696. Da Bears, dabears, dabears, dabears.

Yeah, I can echo that statement

I'm wondering if I got all the air out of my lines with the bleeding I did. I can only squeeze the lever about halfway down with one hand, but I can pull it slightly further back with less effort than before.

Mind you, I have no experience of how the brake lever pull should feel as I'm pretty sure the lines were original as there were bits of rubber floating around in the old fluid. That being said, it definitely doesn't feel bad like some bikes I looked at from CL.

*Sounds* like air, but the only way to know is more bleeding. I don't know anything about bikes, but I imagine a reverse bleed would work pretty well - fill a big syringe with brake fluid and force it into the bleeder at the caliper. That will force fluid and air back up, which is the natural direction air wants to go anyway. You can't really do that on a car due to volume, but it tends to work great on hydraulic clutches. I imagine a motorcycle brake system is similar.

Hrmmmm....I have never heard of reverse bleeding. Makes sense though. (I still wouldn't do it)

... and a planned motorcycle trip this coming weekend to STL may not happen due to a parking hit-and-run on my bike. My upstairs neighbor saw it and got a plate#, but the damage seems confined to my right hand grip and my right foot peg. The foot peg is bent pretty good, and appears stretched and cracked on one of the two mounting eyelets. Shockingly, my turn signals aren't even broken.

OEM foot pegs are no longer available, so it's eBay or aftermarket. The only aftermarket foot pegs are rearsets, which I'm not interested in for a bike primarily used in city riding, so it looks like I'll need to go eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Hrmmmm....I have never heard of reverse bleeding. Makes sense though. (I still wouldn't do it)
    I have been doing it for years - like 15. No worries.

What kind of asshat would park his motorcycle in your driveway? How did you get the 3 out?

Some Mediterranean Papist, I'd reckon. Should've never let them become white people post-WW2.

Hoss Ross the Ducati Boss!
    Get that weak shit off my track