Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TheBenior's GTI and Ducati Monster 696. Da Bears, dabears, dabears, dabears.

Just ordered new front brake lines, pads, and speed bleeders for the GS550.
    Last edited by TheBenior; May 21st, 2014 at 09:05 PM.

woot woot.

I've wanted the Ogio No Drag Mach 5 backpack for a while, but couldn't rationalize the price (~$150 online). Janelle ended up getting it for me for my birthday this year, and like all Ogio bags, the finish appears to be pretty good (in this case, the finest carbon fauxber). I got nervous when I tried it on and the shoulder straps seemed too wide for my shoulders, but then I had the good sense to try it on while wearing my motorcycle jacket, with which it fit much better.

I finally got to try it out at highway speeds, and it actually works. My regular backpack definitely had more drag at highway speeds. The only noticeable pressure with the Mach 5 was the chest strap, which I had fastened too snugly over my motorcycle jacket. And the two handguns underneath said jacket in a shoulder rig. I'll need to try it out with heavier items besides a uniform and my lunch inside to give my full approval, but so far, so good.
    Last edited by TheBenior; May 24th, 2014 at 04:01 PM.

How much can it carry?:

According to Ogio, 1,025 cubic inches or 1475 cubic inches/24.17L expanded. They claim enough room for most 15" laptops. It would be a tough fit to fit my gym stuff and work clothes compared to my other backpack.

Baller
    Get that weak shit off my track

Awesome.

The Mazdaspeed3 passed our OBD2 scan that is our emissions testing in Illinois.

As for the Suzuki, front stainless lines (I went with blue), EBC FA38 front brake pads, and speed bleeder showed up this week. I also got some motorcycle jeans and a better back protector since the one that came with my jacket isn't CE certified.

Brake bits will get installed Sunday if it doesn't rain.

After riding for the past week, I found that my right mirror had the alarming tendency to get blown out of position at highway speeds, while the left one stayed where it should. The right mirror did this regardless of how tight the top adjustment nut was, so the ball joint itself needed some surgery, or probable replacement. Since an OEM mirror lists for $58, and aftermarket replacements that are pretty close list for $30+, I decided to get some KTM folding mirrors that I'd been eyeing for a while.

The mirrors went on easily enough, apart from me dropping a washer in the seed pods visible in the picture below, and one of the factory mirror cushion mounts was rusted inside. Being 10x1.25mm thread set in rubber, it got cleaned with polymer safe gun scrubber (which is really just the good Brakleen formula that we can't get in IL) and a 9mm/.357 cleaning brush.

KTMMirror.jpg

Also visible in the photo is the top line of the stainless lines that I installed yesterday, which went off without a hitch. Changing pads was a bit trickier since my buddy's piston pushing tool wouldn't work for the tiny motorcycle brake pads.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBenior View Post
    Changing pads was a bit trickier since my buddy's piston pushing tool wouldn't work for the tiny motorcycle brake pads.
    C-clamp FTW!