Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: TheBenior's GTI and Ducati Monster 696. Da Bears, dabears, dabears, dabears.

THE KING IN THE NORTH! TheBenior's Avatar
    I picked up a set of VW Classix wheels for winter. Kind of like these, but not in as good of condition since they've had ~10 years of use. I'm debating getting them refinished and powdercoated before I buy tires for them. There's a place in a south suburb that'll do it for $50/wheel.

Would look good in black, against the blue.

You know, like the ones you already have.

THE KING IN THE NORTH! TheBenior's Avatar
    2019 manual transmission GTI/GLIs have some sort of stalling issue that manifests itself when slowing to a stop with the clutch depressed while in gear. NHTSA has opened an investigation. My car has done it twice; once with under 400 miles, once at 862 miles. I've done about 1,000 miles since then without any stalls. Some people have cars that stall quite predictably; and some of them have had their cars bought back by VW. There are a lot of theories on why this is happening. AFAIK, the only differences between the 2019 and earlier models are switching to 0W20 from 5W40, and a different oil pump to work better with that change. Presumably there were some software changes (because VW loves changing things for the sake of change), but no engine internal changes are known.

Oddly, my GTI's fuel economy calculations generally read high by unpredictable amounts vs hand calculating. Could be 1 mpg high, could be 4 mpg high. My CX-5 seems to pretty reliably calculate fuel economy. If that's off, it's off by a 2-3 tenths, not a few mpg. In any case, the GTI is still averaging 29 mpg, 7 mpg better than my Mazdaspeed3 got.