Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: TheBenior's GTI and Ducati Monster 696. Da Bears, dabears, dabears, dabears.

THE KING IN THE NORTH! TheBenior's Avatar
    Had a good ride yesterday in the NW Chicago exurbs with 3 friends; all told it was about 80 miles round trip for me, so the mileage on the bike is up to 137 now. I topped off the tank this morning; my fuel economy was 48mpg in almost all exurban/rural/highway riding.

The guy with the HD Dyna had already left by the time this picture was taken at the end of the ride. I like how it shows 3 takes on a standard motorcycle; Italian sport standard, American cruiser standard, and Japanese UJM standard.
    MonsterSportsterNighthawk.jpg

Lookin' good.

When do the Woodcraft clip-ons & rearsets, bar-end mirrors, Termignoni exhaust and tail tidy arrive?

Stop it, Carlo!
    Get that weak shit off my track

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Stop it, Carlo!

Carlo speaks the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Lookin' good.

When do the Woodcraft clip-ons & rearsets, bar-end mirrors, Termignoni exhaust and tail tidy arrive?
    Never on the first 3, because my morning commute is Chicago rush hour traffic. Perhaps next year on the other two. Unless I get a screaming deal on a Termignoni, I'd probably go Arrow, Competition Werkes, or even the Vance and Hines, which has an interesting angular look. Some people still end up running lean with the Ducati Performance ECU, so I'd lean towards a custom tune. As for the tail, I was looking at a few different kits like the Competition Werkes Fender Eliminator.

I did order some gold reflective rim strips (to add flair and safety!) and the Givi 3D603 tanklock bag since my old magnetic tankbag doesn't work with the Monster's plastic tank. Despite being listed as having an extra liter of capacity, Ducati Performance Pocket Tank Bag appears to be the exact same bag as the Givi 3D606 with a Ducati badge for $60 more I'm also considering the Ducati Performance tank bag, which can be found slightly used at substantial discounts on eBay.

this was the Comp Werkes I was thinking of. But I doubt It would work on yours...

My vote is the Vance and Hines.

Clicky
    Last edited by Godson; October 26th, 2014 at 09:17 AM.

Spark makes a "MotoGP style" full exhaust system similar to that Comp Werkes, but it probably loses some low end power (I've heard the same of cans without the dB killers/silencers), and it's 112 dB and I'm not trying to be the asshole with a super loud exhaust warming up my bike at night.

Motowheels does offer reduced pricing on ECU reflashes when you buy an exhaust, so one could be in on Competition Werkes slip-ons, a high-flow air filter, and a reflash for about $1060. That'll be pretty tempting next year.

I just tried out my new last-year's model First Gear Fargo gloves with 40g Thinsulate lining, and they did their job in 50F nighttime highway riding. I'll get to see how they deal with a 40F rush hour commute in the morning. My Givi tank lock bag should show up today.

I have found in 45F at night with my full metal pro is more than capable. Hands are cool, but not uncomfortable.

"MotoGP" style would be "none."

They've got cans. Tiny cans of dubious effectiveness, but they're there. Yamaha had some rather long ones back in the early 2000s.

In car news, a buddy and I finished putting the Koni Yellows I bought a while back on the Mazdaspeed3. The ride at city speeds is vastly improved, but highway impressions will have to wait until traffic dies down. Lane changes and cornering are flatter, and the rear end (the end that had the leaking shocks) doesn't hop around over bumps anymore.