Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: TheBenior's GTI and Ducati Monster 696. Da Bears, dabears, dabears, dabears.

Today it got into the high 50F range, so I decided to take the Ducati out to top off the tank and get the Stabil I'd added a day ago throughout the system. After meeting with a buddy on his lunch break, I was throwing a leg over it and this happened:

Signal.jpg

Judging by posts on Ducati forums, broken signals from fairly innocuous contact are fairly common. The broken bit of mine is part of the rear fender, so I guess a tail chop is on the list for next year. I'm leaning towards the Evotech at the moment; as I hear it works with saddlebag racks like the Givi or Ducati Performance models.

JB Weld?

If we get an unseasonably warm day that looks good for a ride, I'll probably just duct tape it in place

Well, I didn't take a picture, but the duct taped (Gorilla brand tape, actually) turn signal did happen on this unseasonably warm day.

NW exurbs, with my Honda Nighthawk 750 owning riding buddy again.

Chasing the low winter sun:

I attached the mini-fairing/flyscreen that came with my black Darmah art kit body panels (20th AE models like mine delete the flyscreen) last week, as it required ordering about $30 worth of brackets and fasteners. I didn't notice a huge difference on the highway with it when not tucked into a sportbike riding position, which led to noticeably less wind pushing on my helmet. However, I was a bit less fatigued after riding today, so perhaps the difference is subtle, but effective.

I picked up an Evotech Tail Tidy for $80 off of eBay (vs the going rate of $140-150). Naturally, it couldn't go perfectly, and it was missing the LED license plate light inside of the sealed package. I emailed the seller and Evotech about it, and am subsequently hoping to hear something back before I go and get some aftermarket plate light.

In the mean time, I also ordered a tinted integrated tail light for a couple of reasons. One is for looks, but functionally, if I mount the factory turn signals on the tail chop, they're liable to interfere with the passenger grab bars I'm leaning towards getting with the intent of using them as luggage tie downs.

Do the OEM mirrors show you more than your elbows/shoulders? Mine don't.

Mine show me what's to the left and right of me, but not that far behind, or anything directly behind me. My 20th AE came with round mirrors instead of the regular more oval mirrors, which I'm not sure is any better or worse. The OEM rectangular mirrors on my Suzuki worked a lot better, but that also had a more upright riding position.

I was considering bar-ends, and looking on Moto Science, I could get some bar-end mirrors made by FAR s.p.a. for $130 for a pair. Half the price of CRGs, which is good, and from an Italian OEM supplier, which may or may not be good

Non-European parts!??!?!

I'd know, Carlo. I'd know.

Actually, the Two Brothers Silver Series slip-ons are on my short list since the CF version can be had for less than $700, and they've got an American flag in their logo.