Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Lamborghini: Huracan

Junior Potato
    This looks fat. The Gallardo looks svelte.

Bring back svelte.

Junior Potato
    Oh, and I happen to think that the Gallardo is one of the best-styled cars of the last 20 years.

It looks ok, but here's my problem with any Lambo that isn't the flagship model... Lamborghinis are the gold standard for what an exotic car should be. There are some faster cars out there, but a Lamborghini is a goddamn Lamborghini.

But that leaves the non-flagship Lamborghini in an untenable position. It's a paradox. It's simultaneously the coolest car in the world, but also not the coolest car, because it's the second coolest car.

Sorry, but the non-flagship Lambo to me has always said "I wanted to have the coolest car in the world, but I just couldn't quite swing the truly coolest car, so I got this."

I know exactly what you mean. Hence, the only way to understand cars like the Gallardo is to say that it's the coolest car in the world IN THAT SEGMENT.

Yeah, unless you buy a Gallardo because it's a better car on the track/in the corners (you better be buying the right version in that case) or because you want to put 1500hp into it, you're buying one because you can't afford a Murc/Aventador. I haven't really got the Gallardo for the past 5 years or so. I never thought it was particularly good looking. Other than the Superleggera versions, I don't think it really had the performance to warrant it over a 458. When it was up against the 430, it made a bit more sense. But really, ever since the R8 came out with the V10, I think I'd rather have that car.

Say what you want about the Gallardo, but it has been making them money and satisfying customers for around a decade now. You may not think it's worth getting, but a ton of people in the market do, and that's what matters. So what if you can't afford the flagship? Do you think anyone you actually care about will look down on you?

If just talking For 80k new/used segment....

Track rat would be an Ultima GTR for me.

For merely the 'exotic car' status. 512TR/Testarossa.

/end discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kchrpm View Post
    Say what you want about the Gallardo, but it has been making them money and satisfying customers for around a decade now. You may not think it's worth getting, but a ton of people in the market do, and that's what matters. So what if you can't afford the flagship? Do you think anyone you actually care about will look down on you?
    It's the internet, man, do you think anyone cars what YOU think?

Junior Potato
    I always saw the flagship Lambo as a hyper-retardo-exotico-motherfucker piece of status symbol/art/penile compensation.

Whereas the Gallardo to me was always the long-overdue, more raceable, better handling, lighter and more nimble offering from the company that also happened to make crazy hyper-exotics. And it's true, the Gallardo has performed admirably as a GT3 machine.

If you compare Lamborghini to Ferrari, both companies make the same type of cars (take the F40/50/Enzo and the F360/430/456 for example) and nobody complains that the smaller cars were the "less-cool" Ferraris.

There's not a damn thing wrong with the Gallardo, other than the doors open normally, and that they're almost universally driven by complete toolbelts.