Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony's Ultra Short Throw 4K Projector

Dig it!

So, I just saw this deal on Amazon and it's pretty intriguing!!! This is the first I've heard of this projector. (granted I haven't been following them lately)
    Buy the ViewSonic PRO9000 Home Theater Projector, Get a $200 Amazon.com Credit and Roku 3 Streaming Player with Purchase
    So, I went to check out the projector and it's a Laser/LED hybrid projector :! What!?!

Key Features:
    Laser LED hybrid technology for exceptional color performance
    Full HD 1080p delivers the finest picture quality
    Stunning home theater performance powered by TI DarkChip3 technology
    100,000:1 ultra high contrast ratio for razor sharp images
    Dual HDMI inputs for true digital picture clarity
    Mercury-free hybrid light engine design provides optimal efficiency in brightness & energy
    Lamp-free design for 20,000 hours of light life
    ECO-mode & filter-less design for longer product life & virtually maintenance free
    One of the best warranties in the business: 3 years on parts, labor and light source, and free 1st year Express Exchange service

Advanced laser LED hybrid technology for exceptional color performance
    With state-of-the-art laser LED hybrid technology, the Pro9000 generates RGB primary colors directly from the light engine without the need of a color wheel. That means rainbow effect and ghost images are greatly minimized while enhancing color accuracy to reach 80% NTSC color gamut – 50% more color spectrum than conventional mercury lamp projectors.

For fast action, the response time is 1,000 times faster than similar LCD based projectors. And with no air filters to clean or change, the latest generation of DLP based projectors from ViewSonic offer one of the lowest TCO (total cost of ownership) in the industry.
    Contrast, color, life, response rate, low power... This thing seems to have it all!!! I'm off to find out more!!!

That Sony projector would be AWESOME. The only thing I'd still need to do is install a screen.

I would think with something like that, a high quality pure white matte painted wall would do just fine. It's not like you're going to be moving it much, if at all.

Though I suppose if you have the screen hide, you could have conventional wall decoration behind it.

Well, the current setup has a huge wooden panel all along the wall, and the plasma mounted to that, so yeah, I'd still need a screen, even if I put something (artwork?) in place of the plasma.

Laser LED? LASERS?! Must be sweet.
    Get that weak shit off my track

http://gizmodo.com/eyes-on-sonys-ult.../+marioaguilar

Coming to America! This month, no price, but I'm assuming it will be ridiculous.

Rad!

I do love this thing but when I last looked I'm sure it was well north of $50k.

They were saying $30-$40k when it was announced, but I don't remember where that came from, I don't think it was official.

It's just one of those things that needs to come over and get popular, and then in 5 years it'll be reasonably priced hopefully. Coming to market outside of its home country is a step in the right direction.