Thread: Untappd

Untappd

Rob introduced me to this wonderful little app.

Google Play store
    iTunes

You basically check in whatever you're currently drinking and rate it. You can also get recommendations based on what you liked, see reviews from other users, and you can even use it to find certain beers near to your location. Though the "find beer" option's effectiveness is going to vary greatly depending on where you are. In NYC in February it was truly amazing and I went to several bars on the strength of what they had available. Here in London not so useful.
    The beer list is simply insane, I've yet to find anything that isn't already on there (it's even broken down by year for some of the seasonals).

It does also offer "Badges" which are similar to achievements. You drink a certain number of a style of beer, at a certain time etc you get a badge. You can compare these with friends and while these are fun I'm not sure rampant alcoholism is to be rewarded. But they are pretty cool.

Give it a try people. Then hit me up; I'm on there as MrWonder

Wanna Fight?
    It only let me down with Hastings Brewery stuff but they are super small and have only been trading a few years. The single retail outlet and being on draft in only three pubs probably keeps it pretty obscure. Really rather good beer though.

I've always really been about trying different beers, but Untappd has taken it to a ridiculous level
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Finally, now I have an app that can cancel out my use of MyFitnessPal.

Untappd feels like a health risk. Fortunately, my local pub does 3* 1/3rd of a pint tasting trays. I'm not drinking as much as my profile suggests.

I've cooled off a bit, thankfully...because almost all of mine are full-sized man beers
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Quote Originally Posted by DrMekon View Post
    Untappd feels like a health risk. Fortunately, my local pub does 3* 1/3rd of a pint tasting trays. I'm not drinking as much as my profile suggests.
    But carb replacement and B-vitamins are serious business after a 200K ride.