Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golf.

Administrator
    I play on occasion, but that gnome living in the windmill pisses me off enough that I haven't in a while.

I've thought about picking it up again but all the local courses seem too damn expensive.
    Subsequently, I only ever play when I'm visiting my dad and the weather is nice, which is rare.
    -Formerly Stabulator

I think I've played 2-3 times since the pandemic started. Played really well last time out (first time since April) back in early January. Hope to get again soon here in TX.
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Meanwhile, my club pro won't even start lessons until April because the ground alternates between wet and frozen.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I've played 3-4 times in the last year. There's still signs of my "game" there, but golf isn't one of those things that ends itself to be good without constant practice. Unlike pool, where I can pick up a cue for the first time in months/a year, and usually run the first rack (then shit all over the table after that). Golf you just look like a monkey fucking a football without constant practice.

I think I'm going to give spark.golf a shot. Social 9-hole evening golf league. A few local courses participate.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I should just sign up for something, there's a golf course literally 30 seconds away...

Yeah, right now I feel like I just need reps under my belt. So a weekly 9-hole league sounds good.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Anything with this "game" that is a consistent practice is a good thing. Even if it's once a week.

I'm on about a every 5-6 weeks thing....

When I was in Indiana, it was 6-7 times a week... (2008-2010 I played 150 minimum rounds each summer (Mar-October)). most I ever played in one weekend was 36 on Friday, 54 on Saturday, and 36 Sunday. All but one of the 7 rounds was walked. I was going to do 54 on that Sunday, but I was fucking exhausted.

Last time I went golfing was in '91. Went with my then brother in law. As soon as we were out of sight of the club house the shirts were off and the beers were opened. Took about three hours to do nine holes. Got drunk and incredibly sunburnt. That's when I developed the FOREsight never to golf again.