Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf.

Golf.

After a long fall and early winter of not playing any golf, I've been playing a bit again, and I feel better out there than I have in a long time. Last round was one of my best ever. It was only a 93, a number I've shot around before, but it was nearly completely legit. Only one mulligan, and took any and all appropriate penalties (4 in all I think). I always seem to have only one part of my game working, but last time, I was very consistent (something I struggle with) with solid, long drives and pretty good irons (the roughest part of my game when I was playing more last year). Only lost 3 balls (all in water).

I know a lot of you out there are still waiting for the thaw to get out there again, but I thought I'd start a thread for all things golf (discussion of the pro game as well, which is in my neck of the woods this week and next).

Equipment-wise, I just ordered a new set of irons. Been wanting to get a new set for a while. I've been playing on the same set with graphite shafts since I started, and wanted steel based on how much better I like the feel of my steel shafted wedges. Saw a set I liked with a great price and that sealed it. I worry a bit about buying without "fitting" them, but I don't know if I'm at that point where it's really worth it. I take it they just bend them to fit, so I could do it later anyway if I wanted. Still really need a new putter, or at least to regrip my current one.

Looks like somebody just put out some Drew bait.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    I haven't used the clubs in anger in almost 2 summers. That's about to change really, really soon though.

Was going to play today, but a serious cold front moved through. It was 70 yesterday and today's high is supposed to be 40. Currently it is 32. This sucks.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Whereas it's almost 80 here, and I've got too much fucking shit to do to "sneak" out....

Played today. Sucked. The 45 minute drive in shitty traffic didn't help.

It's a good-value, very versatile vehicle. No wonder it's one of the best-selling cars in the world.

I see Rabbits when I Golf all the time.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    Just ordered a new Calloway 60º MD2 wedge to replace the one that walked off last year...

My old one was my money club. It was like throwing darts with that thing. Didn't matter the angle, it'd hit/skip/stop. #spinistheshit

Hopefully this one will be similar.

My wife wants to get out and "do" more, so I'm fairly seriously considering picking up golf again this summer.
    So, wife in golf skirts and "working on her swing" - .
    It's going to take some research beforehand, because I haven't picked up a club in anger since I moved to KC like 12 years ago, and I need to find a cheap course- the only one I've heard pricing info on up here is highway robbery.
    -Formerly Stabulator