Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ettsn's new whip

Old Dude

ettsn's new whip

I decided I wanted my fun car and my everyday car to be the same car, so I traded the Cayman S and the A3 in on a brand new 2014 Audi S6.

Man, this thing is so much fun! 0-60 in less than 4 seconds, torque everywhere, on-the-fly adjustable suspension, throttle mapping, steering, etc. It can transform in seconds from a luxoboat to a very sporty sedan, albeit not quite as sharp as the Cayman. I love it!

I'll probably still end up buying a second car for pure fun like a Mini, Miata or Z3 or something, but this does everything well. This review is almost exactly my car, colors, options, everything:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtpXVIui_KI

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Good times!
    acket.

Totally Bitchin'

Kinda sad the Cayman is gone though. That was a fun car.

I keep trying to convince people around here to buy one of those or, preferably, an S5, but so far no dice. Just a bunch of lame Mercedes.

Old Dude
    Yeah, I test drove an S5 and it was nice, but this crushes it. Also drove an RS5, which is very similar in performance to the S6 (and similarly priced), but it wasn't nearly as refined. The transmission was a little more, um, herky-jerky? And you needed to *really* wind it up to be fast, where the V8TT in the S6 is just a big, fat mountain of torque from idle to redline. Almost the same 0-60 times, but the S6 was larger, more comfortable and had better features. The RS5 would have won as a pure sportscar, if I was keeping the A3 or something, but that's the whole reason I wanted to go to one main car!

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I am enamored with her, and as dorky as it sounds, your opinions do matter to me.

Big pimpin
    Get that weak shit off my track

Looks gorgeous, Paul!

My only knock would be size -- she sure displaces a lot of water! Looks like a not-too-old A8 now!

Old Dude
    Yeah Novi, she's a big car. That's kinda taking a little getting used to, as I've had mostly small cars (M3, A3, Boxster, Cayman, etc). The other downside is at my office, I keep having to drive when we go to lunch!

Big girls need love too.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I vote z3 with a big honkin turbo.