Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Watch Dogs

Administrator
    I just did that ctOS tower and yeah, driving on the dirt road at night was an interesting chore. That said, I guess it's kinda supposed to be, I don't often go hauling ass on unfamiliar dirt roads in the dark.

I've just taken to braking early with about half a trigger throw, then powering out of the corner and so far, it's working really well. I know exactly what you mean about that progressive steering thing, but if you approach the car more like an iracing car than a GTA car, it actually drives okay.

I haven't noticed the blandness, but there's something about the way they modelled the thunderstorms at night, it looks awesome. That, and the burst steam pipes under the road look just brilliant. And agreed that it is basically a modern day Assassin's Creed with a smartphone vs. that eagle vision or whatever it is.

I'm still really enjoying it, but I've also been mostly just doing side missions (kinda like how I usually play AC). That reminds me, I really should finish the main storyline on AC4. I don't know that I'm ever going to develop the patience to take down all four of the legendary ships, but I should at least finish the main mission one of these days.

I'm also still really enjoying just buying my games for console online. I know it sucks that you can't sell your used copy, but I never did that anyway. It's awesome never having to fish out a disc.

I was crawling up the dirt path
    The X1 triggers vibrate. Which I'm assuming means I'm breaking traction... but whenever I start to accelerate from a dead stop - no matter how gentle a touch - it always seems like the car is trying to peel out. Paired with the weird wheel turn-in, that dirt path was the most difficult part of the tower activity

Yeah, definitely early braking seems to be a must. I'll try to switch to more of a sim mentality. I've barely put in 3 hours, I'd guess... so I've got plenty of time to adapt a bit.

Maybe day time seems bland because the night time is just so beautiful. I encountered a cloudy mid-day storm, but no full blown nighttime thunderstorm. Can't wait for that

The downloads are definitely really nice. That's all I've had until this game... though it is nice to have a physical copy for once
    Last edited by GreatScawt; June 9th, 2014 at 05:15 AM.

I've been enjoy this game... but last night I really started warming up to it more. The driving has become more tolerable and the flow of the game continues to be as addictive as AC. I've been going around and "checking in" around the city. Sometimes you'll see cash gifts left at check-ins and you can leave things too. I'm afraid I'll accidentally plop all 30k of my money there so I haven't bothered yet.

Did the first post-tutorial mission... a car chase that I ended by causing an accident. Fucking awesome feeling The chases are really fun.

Administrator
    Once you get even the first of the ATM upgrades, $30K will be nothing. I got the second of the two, the rich accounts are getting me around $15k a pop.

For all the complaints about the car chase missions in the reviews, they're definitely fun for me. It's obvious that you cannot ever lose the cars who are chasing you without doing some sort of hack intervention. Total rubber-band stuff, it doesn't matter how fast you drive, they will be right on you. It is awfully fun blowing up a steam pipe right underneath a pursuer, though.

Some of the QR code puzzles are pretty challenging, though that's starting to hit me with one irritating feature - I'll highlight a camera and the game just refuses to give me the "hack" icon. I'll have to aim slightly off center, then it'll pop up.

Finally did some more campaign. Second and third mission I think? They make you buy an M416 and hack the server room in the big central area. I killed all the guards stealthily using a silenced pistol... aaaaand maybe accidentally hacked a crate to fall on two dudes.

BUT APPARENTLY I COULD HAVE HACKED IT REMOTELY WITHOUT KILLING ANYONE. Ugh. I wish I could go back and redo it!

Administrator
    Some of those Criminal Convoys can blow me.