Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watch Dogs

Hmmm... I might go check that out. I have an expiring balance at MS anyway!

Dammit! Only if you preorder the console version.

Damn, that blows. IIRC, the game has a "main page" where you can select which version to jump into and it seemed to show that deal for all. Guess it changes when you click on PC. Bummer.

Also, I DID try to order this game again on MSstore's POS site and it finally went through. So it looks like I will be playing this game release day. I'm excited.

Full release not out until Tuesday. Available for download, already cracked, on XBone, PS4 and PC now. Ubisoft fail. Now do I get tempted to see if it's good or bad?

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Wife has been waiting for this for ages, so much so that she has all next week off work to play it.

I haven't really been at all interested in it for some reason (not to say i won't play it at some stage) so i'll still be working.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    If it's set in Chicago, I may just get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan P View Post
    Full release not out until Tuesday. Available for download, already cracked, on XBone, PS4 and PC now. Ubisoft fail. Now do I get tempted to see if it's good or bad?
    I'm tempted for you.

How are cracked games available much less playable on new platforms so quickly???

It has been always the case.
    Back in the day of Gumball we put our hands on the gold disk of one of EA F1 games for PC, for example. Like 3 days before it would arrive on the market and in stores. Back when there was not even digital delivery of videogames.
    Do try it out and in case buy it.

Pardon me, I just looked again. PS3 and Xbox 360 console versions and several options for PC.

Administrator
    Picked it up and got a chance to play for an hour this morning. I got it on the PS4 because, frankly, I've been dying for a new game on my next-gen consoles since launch day. This is only the third game I've bought for them, and the second for the PS4. I figure eventually I'll probably get it on a Steam sale for $10 too.

For what it's worth, given all the freakout about the lower resolution and framerate I expected to be underwhelmed. So far, it looks pretty good to me. The main characters look pretty fantastic, significantly better than AC4's to me. Surprisingly, I saw some people commenting on how the water was one of the things they thought looked good, compared to AC4 it looks like ass to me. Admittedly, AC4's needed to look pretty fantastic since you spend most of the time tooling around on a boat, but I was pretty underwhelmed with the water.

I really haven't gotten far enough into the game to comment too much on the gameplay. I do like that you can scan pretty much anybody in the area, it makes the civilian population feel a lot more alive than other games like it. They're slightly more than just obstacles, though it's still not like they're all these fully fleshed out people. Also, the game highlights for you which NPCs are really worth scanning, so I can see that eventually I won't bother looking at most of them.

So far, the stealth is just as confusing an annoying to me as in most games, only now you can cause a blackout and basically just get to run around wildly with no-one seeing you. I'm immediately making a bee-line in my skill tree to be able to cause blackouts as often as possible.

At any rate, I ended up spending too much time playing it this morning and ended up getting to work late, so at least so far, I'm liking it.