Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting engine swaps: post 'em up!

Lightbulb Interesting engine swaps: post 'em up!

One tired Moostang Cobra + late-model 2.5-liter 4-cyl Duratec + turbo: http://forums.corner-carvers.com/showthread.php?t=48040

Builder knows his way around cars/tuning, so this should be a good build to follow.
    Whoomah!

Well, I certainly like everything about that!

And those pictures of the SVO swap that never happened were nice to see... that's how a Duratec would go into the Falcon, should I get to that before I decide to sell it.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    This one is interesting, even if it seems to be a dead project

V12 in an MR2

http://www.mr2oc.com/showthread.php?t=414492

I'm not terribly impressed with the "ching chong" references by the OP in the Cobra engine swap thread, but the concept seems sound. The turboed Ecoboost in the Evoque/S-Max is solid.

Wanna Fight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    I'm not terribly impressed with the "ching chong" references by the OP in the Cobra engine swap thread
    Literally all I saw before closing the link. Fuck that idiot.

Yeah, the second one is pretty bad too:

"I did find my pic of the "fixed" ching chong lights for everyone's amusement..."
    I have to say that if I were being judgmental, stereotypical, and/or racist, I would characterise it as being typical of the type of person who seems to take pride in having a "Pro-Gun"/"Bless our troops" stance. But surely that would be not too dissimilar from descending to his level.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; March 14th, 2014 at 03:07 AM.

I actually read more of that thread trying to make exactly that determination. Came up with nothing. I'd somewhat expect to see that sort of thing on a hard-core Mustang forum, where there is a pretty good chance your audience has a good ol murican mullet, but it's weird to find it on CC (in my very limited experience). I suspect it's more ignorance and snobbery than actual racism, but who knows. If you want actual racism, the off-topic area of the Fiero forum is kinda mind blowing. A good number of genuinely interesting discussions, but every so often a 'OBAMA IS A DIRTY MUSLIM AND RUINING OUR COUNTRY' thread. At first you think it's an off-color joke, but then you find people chiming in and agreeing. It's creepy. And it happens often enough I just don't go there anymore for fear I'll say something. Sadly, that forum also has the best engine swaps... because Fiero owners aren't afraid of making their car longer to fit a bigger engine. Longitudinal Audi V12 in a Fiero? Done. Meh.

CC started out as an offshoot of a Mustang forum, as a point of historical interest.
    Whoomah!

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh. Did not know that. That makes more sense then.

Strange (?) how certain types of cars attract certain types of people...

Heh.