Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting engine swaps: post 'em up!

SC 3800/manual tranny '88 Olds Toronado. This one has been around for years but its still one of my favorites.

I would like to compile a list of GM cars that would not be improved with a 3800SC swap. I bet you can count them on one hand. F-body, Corvette... and... ?

I am baffled why he used a 282 when the F35 and F40 are such better options, but OTOH, a 3800SCII+282 is a stupid-cheap swap. Which brings us right back around to putting them in everything.

What I'd like to see is someone doing a SCIII + F40 into a Reatta. That would be nifty.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    What I'd like to see is someone doing a SCIII + F40 into a Reatta. That would be nifty.
    +1 million

I would also accept SCIII/F40 in a gen 8 Riviera
    -Formerly Stabulator

YES.

Those cars have falling into the dub crowd around here, but I'd still rock one. I love those giant fishes.

20 extra hp (<10% bump) and the ability to row your own gears--worth the hassle of a swap into a Riviera?
    Whoomah!

Well, 20hp is just the beginning. ZZP will happily provide the parts to build that III to a much better specification. Hell, maybe swap it over to a turbo and then put it in the Riv.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    YES.

Those cars have falling into the dub crowd around here, but I'd still rock one. I love those giant fishes.
    Agreed. The last Rivs are badass. And yes, rowing your own gears would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    One tired Moostang Cobra + late-model 2.5-liter 4-cyl Duratec + turbo: http://forums.corner-carvers.com/showthread.php?t=48040

Builder knows his way around cars/tuning, so this should be a good build to follow.
    Looks like he's moved most of his updates to Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ecoboostcobra
    Whoomah!

https://www.facebook.com/OneLapMiata

Andy Hollis (champion autocrosser and Top 10 finisher in the One Lap in a engine-swapped CRX) is building up a new car for One Lap. As you can tell by the address, it's a Miata. Specifically, an NB that he is going to drop a built K24 Honda engine into. Neat.
    Whoomah!