Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: GT86

Yeah, being in Florida, that was a must-have. I drove a bit before installing it, and saw temps around 210f around town, 230 highway, and we had cool temps at the time (high 60's-low 70's). After installing, 170 highway, around town, never above 200, and it's been hot (mid-80's). When summer comes around, if I'm still dailying it, I'll probably be looking into a vented hood as well (it's a front mount tubro).

I had installed it with the turbo, but the sandwich plate required a different filter, so I had to wait to hook it up.

Only issue now is, I'm at the point my tuner asked for a WOT pull in 3rd, but I'm only seeing around 9psi, when I should see 10, so I have to check for a boost leak.

Nice. But why Crosstrek? Might as well get an Outback.

Well for the same options a Crosstrek is like $6k cheaper. Only thing the Outback really has feature wise is the power tailgate and obviously more space. But the Crosstrek is plenty big for me. Still just mulling it over though.

Plus if I got an Outback, I'd be the 4th family member to get one

I kinda want to wait, since rumors are that there will be a turbo Crosstrek in 2019 or 2020 (WRX engine, or new one?). But who knows, plus the price could put it out of my budget for a 2nd car.

If you wait till then, you can get a used Crosstrek or Outback for less!

Buy a truck to tow the 86 to the track.

https://www.facebook.com/enjoyyourca...1331557107107/

I doubt anyone apart from vkeks and I understand this, which is basically an Ode to the 86, but in summary the highlights of the lyrics are:

I only have 200hp
    Everyone (Golf R, GTi) is faster than I am including going up hill
    But they worry about losing control and overturning
    I turn off air-conditioning, hit 7300rpm
    The tail gets loose
    No fear of dying

So, pretty much why I love this car.

That air conditioning line hits deep.

I listened to it in more detail (and read the subtitles in more detail) then realised the air-conditioning line was inaccurate.

On the plus side, I found the full interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaAK...ature=youtu.be

To summarise, the guy is a pilot and lives in Guangzhou. 5 years ago he had a heavily modded 86. He swapped it for a 1M which he owned for a few years. Then he realised that his "first girlfriend", unmodified, was the best for him so went back to a stock 86 because of {why everyone says why it's great and because it's not expensive to run, maintain, people don't charge you more money just because it's a BMW etc.}. He said the only cars he has ever preferred to date are the Elise and Exige. And because not everyone can drive one or wants to drive one, he wanted to sing a song about driving one so that everyone could enjoy it anyway.

Also the last bit is "7300 砌佢老味" which means "7300 stepping [Accelerating] past your mother".

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    So, I did a thing, finally convinced by a friend. SCCA Track Night in America at Pocono. In the rain the entire time. For my first time ever on a track.

2:07 was my fastest lap in a later session (I'm still editing video), my friend's FR-S is turbocharged with some suspension and brake upgrades but doesn't know racing lines very well and was on worn Super Sports, she did a 2:03.

Last edited by The359; September 19th, 2018 at 08:50 AM.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via