Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evo fans in the house?

Evo fans in the house?

I've done almost a year with just the Kia Sorento tow vehicle as my daily driver, so I'm getting itchy feet.

Partly investment car, partly amusing car, depending on what I end up with.

Japanese cars are going up in value strongly (interesting ones).

I'm thinking about getting a manual Evo X.

Anyone have any real world experience with one?

While looking around I got taken for a drive in a 315kw at the wheels Evo 6, which was interesting. Rainy day. Worst budget tyres ever (Blacklion brand...). Instant all four wheels light up in any of the gears selected while I was in the car, as soon as it came on boost. Cool car, but probably not for me, because I'd race it, and that's a good way to break shit on anything this tweaked. Pretty much waste of time trying to drive it on the road, and with the brutal clutch, it probably wouldn't get up my driveway.

SATANIST!!!

I know someone with an Evo X. I can ask him for feedback if you're interested. But this being HK I don't think he puts tons of miles on it.

Nah, it's all good, I'm just checking if somebody actually on here has had one, cos they're sold all over the place, unlike the older Evo's.

FYI: An Evo X manual, is near half the price of an Evo 9 here. The 8's and 9's are already out of my price range. The 7's are just in.

Oh, right. OK then. I think his might actually be an auto anyway.

I've co-driven an IX a few times with some mild bolt-on goodies, mostly suspension/wheels/tires and a bit of power added (nothing crazy). It's a hoot, particularly as the owner has worked hard to minimize the understeer inherent in the car.

Not from an owner's perspective, but from a driver's perspective, can recommend.

We didn't get the manual X here and you hardly see any Evo Xs at motorsports events in the States.

I had to check to make sure because I thought someone on the forums had an Evo X with a stick, and they did offer one in the US. The Evo X GSR has a 5 speed manual.

I thought it was the guy that was shoving a Nissan V8 into a 240sx.....

Yeah, the 9's are well out of my range Cuda. Huge demand for them.

Well I've put a deposit down on a 5sp manual Evo X GSR this arvo, so will likely fly up the country next Saturday, and drive it home the same day. Which makes several times I've flown to Auckland (biggest city in NZ), and driven something 650km home again. MX5, Suzuki Swift Sport, a Mazda Familia for somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil_SS View Post
    I had to check to make sure because I thought someone on the forums had an Evo X with a stick, and they did offer one in the US. The Evo X GSR has a 5 speed manual.

I thought it was the guy that was shoving a Nissan V8 into a 240sx.....
    That's correct. I funny remember his sn though

I'll be darned. I thought we only got the flappy paddle Evo Xs!

Ive driven thru a wall of white smoke when one exploded in front of me...