Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: GT86

What tyres?

He should change brake pads and fluid but thats kinda obvious. Watch the temps, they are a bit marginal on oil temp and if you're going to be driving on the track regularly you should install an oil cooler. He'll need more camber in the front and if he changes tyres (good chance I assume for the track) then he'l really need more camber.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Alright IMOA, since I've added stickier Continentals to my BRZ and you've been recommending camber bolts (and so has Car & Driver in this article) to increase the front camber, I have a question for you. Since it's my year round daily driver, I have a set of winter tires I use for 4-5 months out of the year. If I camber the front, is it going to have an adverse affect on my winter tires? I could get the car re-aligned twice a year, but I imagine that would be a pricey pain in the ass, so should I compromise and not camber the front out as far to get the best of both worlds?
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

I'd be surprised if camber bolts would give you enough camber to do any meaningful harm to tyres.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    It's not the tires I'm worried about, more their ability to handle snow.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

With the camber bolts I got about 1.2-1.4 degrees up front, I can't see that being an issue for winter tyres/snow driving as its a pretty standard kind of alignment. Certainly at that point in the dry on the standard 'prius' tyres I was still getting more wear on the outside of the tread and down the sidewall, this wasn't fixed until I put the coil overs in and started running around 2.4 at the front. Ultimately if this did become an issue in the snow it's incredibly easy to brig the camber bolts back to 0 so you could just do that when you're putting on the winter tyres, it would take no more than a couple of minutes each side.

I dd my m3 on 2 degrees of camber on snows and had good even tire wear. i also drive like a hooligan most of the time i can.

Itll be fine

gt86.jpg

Test drove this bone stock 2013 today. Did rather like.

My86 (1).jpg

This may or may not be in my driveway.

Yikes.

Oh, and nobody knows I've bought this car ... so no letting the cat out of the bag on Facebook