Page 14 of 65 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: GT86

235 or 245 all around, depending on wheel width.
    Whoomah!

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    From what I've heard if you go beyond 245 all around then the front end starts to develop understeer.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Depends on wheel width, alignment, shocks, sway bars, etc. For stock wheels maybe 225 or 235s? The hot setup in Street Touring autox here is 255/40/17 (sometimes 245s) on 17x9s. With extra low and more front cambers. And quality coilovers.

http://www.moto-east.com/images/brzexhaust/044.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Depends on wheel width, alignment, shocks, sway bars, etc. For stock wheels maybe 225 or 235s? The hot setup in Street Touring autox here is 255/40/17 (sometimes 245s) on 17x9s. With extra low and more front cambers. And quality coilovers.

http://www.moto-east.com/images/brzexhaust/044.jpg
    That's the car that used to be owned by a guy in my city. Had a chance to walk underneath it when he had it on the lift in his garage one day. He sold it and switched back to a NC Miata Club Edition.

I might or might not have just done the pedal dance to turn off the traction control, and gone out for an hour's evening driving on wiggly roads that were damp.

The next time SOMEONE does it, just let them know that they can just hold down the button. At least, that's what other people who drive my car have done.

I don't know anything about AutoX (other than cones in carpark, lolz?) but my totally ignorant belief is that the 86 is more of a touge car than an AutoX-car. AND IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME THEN YOU'RE WRONG AND YOU HATE FREEDOM

The button doesn't fully turn off the TC. It will kick back in if you get the car completely out of line. The pedal dance is required to completely disengage the system.

Maybe it's different over there, as I have seen turning everything off resulting in a 270 degree spin that was not caught by anything.

I've drifted one without doing the pre-grid pedal dance. :shrug: I felt no interference from the car.

Yeah, it's definitely not off all the way with just the button, but I'm not sure what exactly it tries to do. I've had it come interfere at low speeds (very slippery empty parking lot, U-turns). It may be only a certain angle, or at certain speeds? But you can still get it plenty sideways.