Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: GT86

Awesome, bruthah. I'm seriously thinking about changing over to the MCA Reds as well given how highly you rate them.

Ugh, I hate the roads here. Seems like such a waste having this car here, when all you have are straight, traffic jammed highways.

So the end result was top nut on the right front coil over, rattled up and everything is all tight and non clunky again.

I think I might have to go for a drive

Nutcase. He does 3500km in around a week, I'm lucky if I do that in a year.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    I just passed one year of ownership and I'm already up to 13000 miles.
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

One year ~17000mi. But for about 3-4 months I was commuting 400mi a week.

I'm coming up to 2 years and I'm still below 7,700km. Having said that, it IS my second car and this place is pretty tiny anyway.

I think it's more about the quality than the quantity. OR AT LEAST THAT'S SHE SAID HUR HUR HUR

OK, little updates

I've been driving a lot recently. The more I drive it the more I want to drive and I'll be heading back to Japan soon so I'm going out once or twice a week at night and go for a 4-500 mile drive on the weekends. Steering rack bushes still annoying me, I want to replace them with the TIC solid mounts but they seem to have discontinued the alloy ones and are just doing the plastic ones. I'm also thinking of trying the Perrin collars as they should do the same job and are much easier in terms of install.

After changing my mind a million times I think I've decided on my wheels, they'll be TWS T66-F in gunmetal, I think 18*8.5 +42. Not cheap but 15.2lbs for 18*8.5 rims is as good as it gets and about 5lbs per wheel lighter than stock.

So, story time. Was coming back from Sundays drive at about 8:30pm and on the last 15 mile stretch of fun roads before getting back into sydney. Rabbit hops out in front of me which isn't unusual but this one decides to try to jump the car so it hits top of the headlight and deposits a decent portion of its internals over the windscreen. Cock. I'm thinking I'll head to the next servo (gas station) to clean it off but then figure it's a bit much for the windscreen squeegy things there (wtf do you call them?) and decide to go to a DIY carwash place with high pressure hoses thats on the way home. Anyway, as soon as I go around a corner it's obvious I still have some bits of rabbit attached so I've got the choice of stopping on the side of the road in the dark to try to get it out or just keep driving. Tough choice.

So anyway, after a while the scraping sounds kind of end so I finish the drive, hop on the freeway for about 10 minutes then get off in the suburbs and drive for a bit until I get to the carwash place. I hop out to check what bits of the rabbit are still attached and, well, here's a pic.

Oops.