Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    While I agree to a certain extent ...
    " has long been a popular short" makes it clear that they're very biased (and that they've lost a lot of money on TSLA)
    Noting, that the wording doesn't suggest that this company shorted TSLA, just that in the Hedge Fund world, it's been a popular short... and surely, yes people have lost a lot of money if they shorted it. Not a big fan of shorting, you can be right, but the timing can still kill you.

No EVs nor EV companies have survived this long... so expecting it to fail like many others is a reasonable thing to do.

To predict Model 3 is a dud and other companies will be ready to offer better competing product at this stage of the game is to be in the fortune teller business.

I think all of Elon Musk's ventures started with numerous risks ready to implode at any time... and he knew it.

The key that made him last this long is because he's not doing these things to make money. Well, initially he probably was trying to make money..., but for sure SpaceX isn't about making money. However, he does need to find ways to make money in order to keep going.

Anyway, I'm just not rich enough to support him now..., but in 3 years after my Clarity EV's lease is up, I will definitely try to support Elon Musk by getting the dud that I can afford!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; November 2nd, 2017 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I think all of Elon Musk's ventures started with numerous risks ready to implode at any time... and he knew it.
    That seems accurate. PayPal was on the edge of complete failure and then he made $1.5b.

I think Chevy (and most other traditional car companies) have the upper hand on Tesla, but as long as Musk infuses the company with money they'll survive.
    Another 10 years of that and they have more than just a branding advantage.

Traditional aerospace companies also have certain advantages over spacex, but also lots of other baggages as well.

Spacex and tesla don't just have branding advantage but a visionary advantage. Just as the Apple brand without Jobs makes it just like any other Fortune 500 companies.

Conventional wisdom has rarely agreed with Elon, but betting against Musk is probably not the wisest thing to do. He has built a pretty decent track record. Those nay Sayers will probably never be convinced..., or they simply don't want to see Elon succeed.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Elon Musk just tweeted..... 0-100km/h in 1.9 seconds...mutha....

Interior shots of their semi show they have no clue about trucks or the drivers lives.

Looks like a day cab and no obvious place for the driver to sleep.

The official new Tesla Roadster page.

It's a "four seater"? Not even saying it's a 2+2? Sure looks tight back there. Considering it probably weighs 4,500 lbs., two extra seats aren't gonna slow it down any. Probably built on the Model S platform, just shortened. I don't see much room for further narrowing here (Tesla Model S 60D chassis / motors / battery pack):

When I punch in 10,000 Nm into online calculators, I get 7,375 ft-lbs of torque. The advantage of having a biiig battery pack (620-mile range, 200kWh which is twice as big as the Tesla Model S P100D's, obviously). I wonder what the charge time is, even with a Tesla Supercharger?

Here's hoping it can complete a lap at the 'Ring without going into Limp Mode.
    Last edited by novicius; November 17th, 2017 at 04:32 AM.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    did a Tesla actually have that happen at the 'Ring? I heard rumors but wasn't sure

and

Drach, the 500 mile range with limited (Mega)charging stations automatically makes me think it is a day truck

Chris, i don't think the 100D was able to complete two hot laps at a much shorter track, so yeah, it's still possible even with double the batteries if it's in ludicrous mode

Also read that the back seats on the roadster are for small people, so a 2+2
    Last edited by balki; November 17th, 2017 at 07:28 AM.