Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    Electrics aren't going away this time.
    Actually I'm not sure if I agree with that statement.

Should model 3 cause the demise of tesla, do you really believe GM would continue to build better Bolts and Nissan keeps at it with Leaf?

Why would they continue to invest big money for such a tiny market? Plus, big automakers could even lobby govt to relax rules in the future too...

For future EVs to really stick around, model 3 need to make it!

They will continue. They and other makers are committed at this point and have made very public statements about it.

Don't ignore that some places are also stating publicly that they want to ban ICE vehicles. I think they're going to find that it'll be a bit more difficult than they think due to costs and people with low income not being able to afford electrics.

Telsa failing wont be the end of the market.

Just like the perceived need of iPhone, nobody really need a $800 phone every year... Apple hypnotized folks to fork over that much money even when they can't afford them!

Elon has achieved the same thing..., but if we take that 'hypnotized need' away, EVs really are too expensive and not mature enough for mass consumption.

Take away govt subsidies and manufacturers' special cheap leases to satisfy regulatory requirements..., there's no way I'd pay nearly $40k for my Honda Clarity EV. There's also no way for Honda to actually make a good enough EV that's competitively priced to a comparable gas vehicle. We are just not there yet.

Model 3 could survive without tax credits, but I kinda doubt Bolt could continue on without. Without tesla disrupting the Industry, I can see car makers revert back to fossil fuel. Mazda has also made drastic improvements on efficiency... gas cars are just way cheaper to make...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 26th, 2018 at 02:48 PM.

Electronics AREN'T going away this time, but they're still a long way from having mass appeal or being profitable.
    Throw in the renewed focus on efficiency of ICEs and only a ban or $10/gallon will put EVs ahead in my lifetime (though I'm hoping for a massive leap in battery technology)

People were spending $200 or more up front and getting locked into 2-year contracts before the iPhone, Apple isn't the company that introduced that, they just made the first smartphone that was popular enough to do it, and took over (and grew) a large segment of the market in the process.

People like electric cars. The market will grow, and manufacturers will continue to make them, especially now that the seal has been opened, so to speak. Tesla's continued existence is not a requirement for their future success, it's just helping accelerate it.
    Get that weak shit off my track

The thing with Apple is that while LG, Samsung, ... are making 50-100 on their flagship phones Apple is at 300-500.
    Even with govt subsides no EV model is at the Android level, let alone Apple's margin (that would be totally unreasonable for any car model that's not super exclusive)

For those not paying attention to SpaceX, this is a real image of an actual first gen Roadster in space, looking back at the actual earth.

Attached Images Attached Images

All kinds of space trash in orbit.

Female Masturbatory Aid
    First thing that came to mind when I saw the picture:
    hqdefault.jpg

Just found out and the dead model x driver was a friend of wife's friend...

Bought his dream car after getting a job from Apple. Maybe he was in way over his head... not only did the car end up killing him, but his wife and baby also now have to resort to go fund me to bury him... sigh...

If I had landed my dream job, I'd probably get myself my dream car too..., but I'd probably go with the S rather than X. Hope I won't die shorty after...

Anyway, If this is indeed the driver fault, I hope Elon could at least help his family payoff his car.

If tesla is found out at fault, I hope the public won't end up destroying this awesome company Elon has built up so far...