Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

So apparently, Tesla remotely turned all the "60" models in FL to "75" models, extending the range of the cheaper, software limited models to help owners evacuating.

Quote Originally Posted by Godson View Post
    Ahem

Accelerator pedal, which is what the industry actually calls it.
    Not in any of my FSMs, but regardless since it also actively slows the car accelerator is still a misnomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Freude am Fahren View Post
    So apparently, Tesla remotely turned all the "60" models in FL to "75" models, extending the range of the cheaper, software limited models to help owners evacuating.
    Wait, what!?!
    The 60s and 75s have the same hardware/batteries? If so, why not install 20% less batteries?

I think they just want to make sure this will make charge rate faster and to demonstrate that their cars have minimal battery degradation down the road... they are selling them at a premium price so they can probably absorb the cost a bit.

Probably a bit of inventory thing too. You probably don't want to be stuck with a bunch of unsold low end models on the lot.

Quote Originally Posted by balki View Post
    Wait, what!?!
    The 60s and 75s have the same hardware/batteries? If so, why not install 20% less batteries?
    It's probably more expensive to produce two different packs.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    Not in any of my FSMs, but regardless since it also actively slows the car accelerator is still a misnomer.
    Negative acceleration is still acceleration.
    Whoomah!

Then the steering wheel could also be called an accelerator, no?

No, steering wheels can only be called lateral accelerators.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    For estimating the cost & time involved with a recharge. The 500e & Bolt show it on the dash and in the app. I've never seen the Leaf app, but it shows it on the dash.
    Honda Link App took forever to authorize... finally got it working over the weekend!

App simply tells me estimated range, battery % and whether if it's charging and sometimes gives you an estimated time to full charge... and allows for remote climate control..., but no where does it tell me exactly how many electrons got pumped in!!!

I guess the only way for me to know the exact amount of energy that got into my car is thru charge point app.

Anyway, overall, my family and I are happy with this Honda Clarity. Interior is really spacious and luxurious compared to other EVs at similar price levels. If Model 3 doesn't work out, I think we'll be happy with the Clarity..., but hopefully in a few more years, Honda can redesign the fugly exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Honda Link App took forever to authorize... finally got it working over the weekend!

App simply tells me estimated range, battery % and whether if it's charging and sometimes gives you an estimated time to full charge... and allows for remote climate control..., but no where does it tell me exactly how many electrons got pumped in!!!

I guess the only way for me to know the exact amount of energy that got into my car is thru charge point app.

Anyway, overall, my family and I are happy with this Honda Clarity. Interior is really spacious and luxurious compared to other EVs at similar price levels. If Model 3 doesn't work out, I think we'll be happy with the Clarity..., but hopefully in a few more years, Honda can redesign the fugly exterior.
    Interesting comments on the Clarity... I do agree it's fugly - maybe pug fugly - but it's good you can see past that to the practicality. There are cars I'd buy because they're pretty, but a commuter is all about pragmatism IMHO. If it does the job well at a good price, who cares what it looks like?