Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I was googling on Thursday looking for the bad news about Tesla's market demand falling through. It was buried under stories about Tesla owners autopiloting their way into the back of parked trucks and stuff.

At least their poor corporate news isn't making it very far into the mainstream coverage.

Because I'm studying and going into automotive consumer protection law I listen to some podcasts in that area. Apparently it's somewhat different trying to meet the requirements for a Lemon Law claim with a Tesla due to the difficulty of making repeat trips to the dealer for service; often there isn't one nearby and people won't always return their car to get things fixed. Also, their service model is different, a car comes in and they diagnose it then they request parts from a central repository. Because Lemon Law's often require the car be fixed X amount of times OR remain at the dealer for XX days a Tesla will get to Lemon Law qualification faster than a regular car because of how much it sits at the dealer. Attorney's like Tesla because it's easier to sue a company that both manufactures and services the car. In a typical Lemon Law case when the manufacturer loses the case they turn around and make a cross-claim against the dealer and bill them for not fixing it. No such issue with Tesla.
    Last edited by dodint; May 18th, 2019 at 12:36 PM.