Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1757656667

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

As much as i like simplicity i can't get behind the idea of anything but 3-knob HVAC controls and a separate audio volume knob.

Add +/- buttons for skipping tracks and I agree. None of this newfangled "Google, play this" nonsense for something as simple as that, or hunting on-screen for it.

Honestly touch screens are less convenient for most things. I get why they sell though. From a driver perspective it's quicker and easier to have a physical button for everything - heck even radio presets because you don't have to cycle through them sequentially to get where you want. And heaven help you if you're on a bumpy road trying to change something on a touch screen, where you have to hang your finger in the air nearby the screen and not let it get jostled out of position over an unexpected bump. No thanks. Far easier to do things by feel with real actual buttons. And there's less time spent looking away from the road, too.

Porsche feels the same way which is why their center console in some of their cars looks like a flight panel.

Recreational Gynecologist MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Honestly touch screens are less convenient for most things. I get why they sell though. From a driver perspective it's quicker and easier to have a physical button for everything - heck even radio presets because you don't have to cycle through them sequentially to get where you want. And heaven help you if you're on a bumpy road trying to change something on a touch screen, where you have to hang your finger in the air nearby the screen and not let it get jostled out of position over an unexpected bump. No thanks. Far easier to do things by feel with real actual buttons. And there's less time spent looking away from the road, too.
    QFT
    ║]=(86)=[║

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Porsche feels the same way which is why their center console in some of their cars looks like a flight panel.

Porsche is overdoing it the other way around...

Anyway, I have a small flat screen onboard the Clarity, but I rarely touch it. Most things are done on steering wheel.

I also can't imagine climate control without buttons or knobs...

Will definitely try and see how I like model3 controls before buying one. I can't imagine Elon screw something like driver control without making it much better. If he really screws this up and failed to sell me a model 3, then it'll probably be game over for tesla.