Page 1 of 85 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/11/54...-in-new-jersey

Wow. That's some crap-tastic work there.

We All Live in a Yellow BRZ The359's Avatar
    Unfortunately they're not the first.

http://www.autonews.com/article/2014...e-with-dealers
    Nulla Tenaci Invia Est Via

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Tesla should just call their products "mobile entertainment units" instead of cars

Yeah, good call. Tesla stock for sure are more like tech stocks rather than traditional car companies. Apple really should just buy Tesla and get Musk as CEO. Then they can be more innovative and be able to sell iCars in Apple stores!

I wonder if they could strike a deal with, like, Costco to sell cars and get around the ban...

Last edited by George; March 13th, 2014 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I wonder if they could strike a deal with, like, Costco to sell cars and get around the ban...
    I haven't bought a car from Costco or AAA yet, but I'm assuming the process would be similar to buying thru one of those online sites such as carsdirect or true car? And you eventually still need to pick up the car from a tranditional dealership, right?

Perhaps Best Buy would be a good store front. BB is starting to sell solar panels. Why not adding some mobile electrical device such as Model S?

Anyway, if Tesla can just box the car up and ship it, maybe they can just sell it on Amazon?

You raise a good point. I guess I really don't know what the legal definition of "automobile dealer" in New Jersey is. Based on Jim "Dickhole" Appleton's claims I suspect there is some ordaining process and a lot of chanting, which Costco and Best Buy may not be up for.

Maybe Tesla could start selling stationary fully-enclosed entertainment systems, but then sell an optional "mobility kit" to go with it. Like, they drop a Tesla in your driveway, and the next day someone comes along and bolts some wheels on it.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    No doubt. There is something decidedly deja vu about this whole thing. Maybe in 2050 when we're still driving ICEs someone will make a movie about a turn of the century visionary who was shut down by the incumbents.

MR2 could be on to something. Can't bike, boats, RV's, etc be bought directly? Why not try to lable as something other than a car?