Page 67 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

As much as i like simplicity i can't get behind the idea of anything but 3-knob HVAC controls and a separate audio volume knob.

Add +/- buttons for skipping tracks and I agree. None of this newfangled "Google, play this" nonsense for something as simple as that, or hunting on-screen for it.

Honestly touch screens are less convenient for most things. I get why they sell though. From a driver perspective it's quicker and easier to have a physical button for everything - heck even radio presets because you don't have to cycle through them sequentially to get where you want. And heaven help you if you're on a bumpy road trying to change something on a touch screen, where you have to hang your finger in the air nearby the screen and not let it get jostled out of position over an unexpected bump. No thanks. Far easier to do things by feel with real actual buttons. And there's less time spent looking away from the road, too.

Porsche feels the same way which is why their center console in some of their cars looks like a flight panel.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CudaMan View Post
    Honestly touch screens are less convenient for most things. I get why they sell though. From a driver perspective it's quicker and easier to have a physical button for everything - heck even radio presets because you don't have to cycle through them sequentially to get where you want. And heaven help you if you're on a bumpy road trying to change something on a touch screen, where you have to hang your finger in the air nearby the screen and not let it get jostled out of position over an unexpected bump. No thanks. Far easier to do things by feel with real actual buttons. And there's less time spent looking away from the road, too.
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    Porsche feels the same way which is why their center console in some of their cars looks like a flight panel.

Porsche is overdoing it the other way around...

Anyway, I have a small flat screen onboard the Clarity, but I rarely touch it. Most things are done on steering wheel.

I also can't imagine climate control without buttons or knobs...

Will definitely try and see how I like model3 controls before buying one. I can't imagine Elon screw something like driver control without making it much better. If he really screws this up and failed to sell me a model 3, then it'll probably be game over for tesla.

http://business.financialpost.com/tr...mbitious-goals

Elon Musk will remain at Tesla under a 10-year, all-or-nothing pay package that demands massive growth.

The agreement, revealed Tuesday in a regulatory filing, requires that Tesla grow in US$50 billion leaps, to a staggering US$650 billion market capitalization.

To put those demands in perspective, the electric car maker, based in Palo Alto, California, is worth less than US$60 billion today. Tesla must hit a series of escalating revenue and adjusted profit targets, only after which Musk would vest stock options worth 1 per cent of company shares. He would get no other guaranteed compensation including salary, bonuses or equity “that vests simply by the passage of time,” Tesla said.

If the goals are reached, Tesla will be one of the biggest companies in America, and Musk’s wealth would grow exponentially. If the company reaches the US$650 billion benchmark, Tesla would be the fourth-most valuable U.S. company, behind only Apple Inc., Alphabet Inc., and Amazon.com Inc. based on current valuations. It would be larger than and Microsoft Corp., and would exceed the current combined valuation of the world’s top eight publicly-traded auto companies.

In order to vest shares when milestones are reached, Musk must stay on as CEO or serve as both executive chairman and chief product officer. Tesla provides for Musk’s long-term leadership, but also gives flexibility to name another CEO in the future. Tesla said while it doesn’t currently intend for Musk to step away from the CEO role, the terms allow Musk to potentially focus more of his attention on key product and strategic matters in the future.

Musk has worked under similar all-or-nothing conditions before. Under a 2012 agreement, Musk’s stock options that vested only if the Tesla’s market cap continued to rise in US$4 billion increments. The company also had to hit matching operational milestones, including vehicle production targets and developmental milestones tied to the Model X and Model 3 programs. Tesla wound up reaching all of the market cap milestones and nine of the 10 operational milestones.

When that pay package was created, the company was worth a fraction of what it is worth now, and the goals have become more highflying.

While Musk continues to generate with SpaceX program and hyperloop mass transit systems, Tesla has had some difficulty meeting production targets. The company fell short of production goals for its new Model 3 sedan this month. Tesla made 2,425 Model 3s in the fourth quarter. That’s only a fraction of the 20,000 per month that Musk promised last summer when the car first went into production. Tesla has wrestled with production bottlenecks and now expects to produce 10,000 Model 3s per month at the end of the first quarter, and 20,000 Model 3s per month at the end of the second quarter.

But the company, while recording ascending sales numbers, continues to lose money.

Musk’s new pay package still needs the approval of Tesla shareholders, who will vote on it at a special meeting in late March. Elon and Kimbal Musk, Elon’s brother, will recuse themselves from the vote.

BIG. BALLS.

Once Model 3 production is on track, there's really no reason why Tesla can't be as big or perhaps even bigger than Apple.

Elon has already succeeded in building up brand image and got people to line up to buy his stuff..., it'll really suck if Tesla falters because they just can't figure out how to mass produce the Model 3...

Anyway, I'm sure Elon can find ways to raise enough money to eventually get it done. He's not very good predicting schedules, but I'm pretty sure he will eventually still deliver ahead of others.

I'm really glad our next "Steve Jobs" is not just building music players and mobile phones and tablets anymore..., but building cars, mass transit, renewable energy products and rocket ships!

The ONLY other concern I have is with the Model X issues... I have a colleague who've recently decided to 'lemon' his ModelX after being thoroughly disappointed by all the issues he has experienced so far. I thought that's probably an isolated incidence, but just saw this article: http://www.hybridcars.com/tesla-mode...tive-vehicles/

So I hope Model X won't end up tarnish the brand's image... for sure my colleague won't consider buying/leasing another Tesla...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; January 23rd, 2018 at 09:05 AM.