Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

Audi did the same on the A8. Saab did it on a prototype in the '80s. A roof-sized solor panel would generate less than 100w (very expensive, efficient panels), not enough to do anything useful with.

Edit: http://www.saabplanet.com/back-to-th...v-1-prototype/

heh.
    Last edited by thesameguy; March 20th, 2015 at 10:50 AM.

Governor Christie has signed into law a bill that allows Tesla to sell directly to its customers in the state, bypassing the auto dealers that have been fighting so hard to block the company all around the US (for example, see Texas, Ohio, Massachusetts, Michigan, New York, etc). Of course, there are some strings attached: the Californian EV maker can only open a total of 4 direct sale stores and has to operate at least 1 service center in the state. But that's a big step forward, and with 4 stores, Tesla can cover most of the population centers easily.

the catch is 4 stores and a service location?

that kind of catch almost sounds like Tesla got asked "hey.. whats the minimum you plan on opening here?"

To start with... I'm sure that will expand in the future.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    The FTC is on the side of Tesla:

http://techdrive.co/FTC-Tesla

can the FTC nullify the law requiring a dealership at the state level if they deem it illegal in some way?

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar

With Germany's turn against nuclear and their acceptance of solar power, it makes a lot of sense for a domestic company to do so.

If a subsidiary of MB wasn't doing it, I'm sure some other company would get government subsidies to do so.

I really don't understand why the need for lithium ion batteries for residential applications. Why can't we go with cheaper alternatives for home use? Just because governments' subsidizing it doesn't mean we should be wasteful!

BTW, I'm having doubts about Elon Musk's Solar City. Recently a sales rep at best buy wanted me to sign up for solar at home... so I did. She seemed friendly enough and solar does make sense and it'll cost me nothing. Just a free in home consultation/estimate. So later on, the guy they sent to our house deemed that it probably won't work out because of a big tree that casts a huge shade on most part of our house. The only always sunny part of the roof is over our garage, but they have policy against installing panels over garages for some reason. Okay. Whatever. Thanks for coming.

Later on, I continued to receive calls from Solar City asking me if I'm interested in solar power?

Hello? You rejected my house remember? You guys kept my info and don't keep track of which houses you have visited?

Anyway, I guess Elon Musk is just too busy running SpaceX and Tesla.

We've had the local solar places forget that they already talked to us as well. I guess their marketing databases aren't very well set up.
    Whoomah!