Page 15 of 85 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

It's possible, but it's highly improbable. Given that I have usd6k worth of bikes next to the car, which on one view is in breach of the deed of mutual covenant, it might not be the best argument...

What do you guys think? Enough space for an added 10cm on either side? It could be done, but is a bit tight. I guess the guy with the old S might be pleased that I'd no longer have normally-opening doors to ding his car with, but then again he could still ding mine when he gets out of the driver's seat (which is of course on the right here).

2015-10-03 23.14.11.jpg2015-10-03 23.14.18.jpg

That said, maybe it's actually less wide. This is so confusing, come on, just publish the fucking widths already.

S-Max Width:
    Either 2154 mm http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/review...06/dimensions/
    or
    1885mm https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_S-Max

Maybe the difference is due to the mirrors?

Model X width on Google: 2,083 mm
    or apparently some service centre material from earlier last month:
    Overall width (mirrors extended): 89.4" (therefore 2271mm)

I suppose an extra 11cm total might not hurt too much. But I'm not keen on losing three folding second-row seats. It's god to be able to just throw bikes in the back of the S-Max and not give a crap. Plus it was sooooooo cheap (apparently Ford HK messed up the calculation/pricing and were forced to sell it as though it qualified for an environmentally friendly tax deduction, even though it didn't, so we got AWESOME VALUE) and works so well now that it seems almost a crime to move it on.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; October 3rd, 2015 at 09:37 PM.

I'd be very careful with published dimensions, some include mirrors and some don't. It's like weights, some are with all fluids, 70kg driver and half a tank of fuel. Others are bone dry with no options, AC, electric seats, etc. on the car.
    That said if it's 110mm overall you'll be fine in that space, 100mm each side is probably pushing it a little. How much space does the S class have on the other side of his bay? Though you could always go in forwards and hug the post on the left, leaving both yourself and the S class room to open drivers doors.

He has more space on his left, I think about 5-15cm more on it than on my side, but it's tough to "force" him to move over as it's his passenger side and as HE has a more modern S Class on that side.

I used to park front forward but backing out with the S Max was an issue (no problem with the BRZ obviously) due to the pillar on the left and the relatively new Bentley diagonally behind me which will cost slightly more to repair than a 90's S Class and is not always parked far back enough to make backing out easy. As in, I had to do a 9 point turn - guided by front and rear sensors - just to get out of the bloody lot. Given that the X is longer I suspect it'd be even worse, so front facing out is probably better.

Either way, the sensible thing to do is to wait for final specs AND a folding second row seat option. By which time the Govt will probably have revoked the tax exemption for electric cars, making t far too expensive for me to buy anyway.
    Last edited by Yw-slayer; October 4th, 2015 at 05:32 AM.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Info on the self-driving (sort of) mode now available:

http://jalopnik.com/teslas-autopilot...=1444858879748

I think its kinda cool, but yet not sure WHY it's necessary really, as it's designed for highway cruising and you're still supposed to be paying attention. Once you control the wheel or press the brake it will give control back to you.

That's amazing. Just a software update without any sort of added hardware?!?! It changes lane too? Wow.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    That's amazing. Just a software update without any sort of added hardware?!?! It changes lane too? Wow.
    well, technically they added the hardware starting with the 2014 models, just didn't enable it until now

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    Elon Musk Admits Humans Can’t Be Trusted with Tesla’s Autopilot Feature

http://www.technologyreview.com/view...pilot-feature/

I have a test drive in a p90d on Tuesday...