Page 23 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

Nice!

On the one hand, considering the number of fatal traffic accidents by actual humans, I'm not that worried. On the other, this is a public Beta, where the general public, having not agreed to it, are participating as bystanders. Luckily this truck wasn't a bus or something and no one else was hurt.

Meh. It's not like the gearshift doesn't work right or the ignition switch turns itself off. People have been "beta-ing" automotive designs since the first cars. This situation actually seems pretty mild, and mostly the driver's fault.

the comments on that article remind me of something i read maybe two years ago.

Article basically said that as cars get safer and more safety features get introduced that we're having MORE accidents even though there are less fatal ones. yeah correlation is not causation but the article was implying that as we add safety people ignore the danger more because they believe themselves to be perfectly safe.

I don't know whether that's true or not, but it certainly matches with my experiences. Not only do people think their conveyance will keep them safe (passively, somehow) but their conveyances are so good people are lulled by them. Quiet, insulated, soft-touch bullshit.

Lawsuit in 3...2...1...
    Your license plates. GIVE THEM TO ME
    plates | pints | plaid on YT: https://www.youtube.com/@platespintsplaid

Its not a lawsuit they'd win. It'd get tossed faster than Walkers daughter/fathers suit against Porsche.

You never know with juries, but I have some great ideas for exhibits that would make the plaintiff look real dumb.

Tesla has been pretty adamant that the driver must continue to pay attention. Its been in nearly every news article about the autopilot feature. Telsas Lawyers wouldn't overlook that I'm sure.

The main thing is I don't believe a Judge would allow it to even go that far though.

What fresh hell is this? overpowered's Avatar
    The thing is, a partially autonomous system like this invites drivers to think of it as fully autonomous, which it isn't. This was kind of inevitable. Yes, they've got all kinds of warnings that you still have to pay attention. That isn't human nature.

Self driving cars pretty much need to be all or nothing. If I had a Tesla, I would not use this feature. It leads to complacency.