Page 38 of 85 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

Tesla Model S P100D
    That 0-60 time in 2.28 seconds (with a NHRA style 1-foot rollout)
    Motor Trend prepared its test car this way: First, it made sure the Tesla was running the most recent firmware (v8.0 release 2.52.22). In the car, select the Settings > Acceleration menu. The car warns of accelerated wear of motor, transmission, and battery; the driver then chooses between buttons labeled, “No, I want my Mommy,” or “Yes, bring it on!”
    Is that a Wolfenstein 3D reference?

It's gotta be!

I remember reading somewhere that Musk would play that game after hours with his entire office sometimes...

Tons of Model Xs on the road now. Saw about 7 today.

Really should go and test drive one. They had a pop-up style display at my local mall. Had a nice chat to the (cute young) lady running it.
    Not that I need another car, but think it would be interesting to experience.

Coworker leased the cheapest modelX thru his wife's business... The experience hasn't been all that great. The poor fit and finish for a nearly $100k car sucked but was expected for a brand new car... The the occasional gull wing door problems were also expected..., but he was really pissed at multiple AC failures. That wasn't expected. Tesla was nice enough to give him a top of the line p100 loaner with only 200 miles on it. Funny thing is even that has little issues such as folding mirror failed to return to its position...

I hope to one day own a tesla too, but for now, expect some hiccups in theses experiences...

Drove a 75 (RWD, single motor) around the block the other day.

• Acceleration of just the regular single motor version is pretty legit.
    • Regeneration is a very effective brake.
    • This is not a car that your mom and dad that don't like smartphones are going to like. There are a shitload of buttons, physical and virtual.
    • Autopilot is definitely "in beta," as advertised. It didn't really like suburban streets: kept nibbling towards the centerline and then over correcting towards the sidewalk. Car owner said it can be confused by semis in the lane next to you, too.
    • I could totally drive one as a daily, but it's out of my price range. Owner is getting his as a discounted lease for being an employee.
    Whoomah!

When we were coming back from Colfax on Sunday we got passed by an S - owner was leaning back in the front seat petting his dog which was sitting on his lap. Dogs love autopilot!