Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

Yes, but you guys forget.

Tesla is the new iPod/iPhone.

The *in* people want them.

So true. So very, very true.

I am really excited about the inevitable Bolt vs. 3 comparison tests. Should be exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    So true. So very, very true.

I am really excited about the inevitable Bolt vs. 3 comparison tests. Should be exciting.
    Yeah. Except I suspect the bolt is better now and initially. But the 3 will still be the hot ticket.

Because of the apple phenomenon

Could be. But bear in mind it's not like Apple made a bad product. They created an interesting and accessible system that Nokia and Microsoft (basically) did not. The iPhone is at least an average product, and may be a good one, backed by a company that takes good care of its customers. A tiny car company's ability to compete with even one of the global players' lines is ambitious, and people in that middle-rung car demographic won't put up with not getting to work. If the Bolt isn't functionally inferior, it has a chance... so I'm really interested to see what Tesla can offer with the 3. It'll be exciting to see an upstart play in a very competitive space against an industrial juggernaut. That is not something we get to see much anymore!

2nd gen Nissan Leaf is coming soon, too.

No car company has been able to profit off of their EVs so far even with all those tax credit incentives, including Tesla. This is worrisome trend.

However, no car company is able to match Model 3's performances and hype and dependence on a 3rd company for their batteries... So Tesla does have this much going for them.

Sincerely hope Elon Succeeds. Fingers crossed.

So, this has me thinking about Rimac. I know they are about making some crazy hyper car, and supplying to hypercars, but they have arguably one of the best products out there in their tech, and they are in Europe, which would probably be much more inviting to eCars. If they had the money Elon does, I think they could be a better Tesla in Europe.

I think Rimac is far more interested in selling tech to large corporations than selling cars. They only make the cars that they do as showcases for their tech, FWIU (watched the interview with Rimac+Hammond after the hill climb crash).
    Get that weak shit off my track

Bolt thread? Tesla thread? Too early to tell?

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/08/02/...kers-chargers/

BP is in talks with electric vehicle makers on partnering to offer battery re-charging docks at its global network of fuel service stations as it seeks to benefit from the move away from diesel and petrol cars, Chief Executive Bob Dudley told Reuters on Tuesday.
    Get that weak shit off my track

I would have to assume they'd be DC Fast Charge.... ?

I believe, electrically, it would be easier to offer SAE+Tesla than any combination with Chademo, so it seems likely the offering would work for either Bolt or Tesla.

I wonder what the 2nd gen Leaf will have? Still Chademo?