Page 60 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

I do believe he does think thru his timeframes. They are not completely baseless..., I agree they maybe optimistic or perhaps something he failed to foresee, but he does try to be realistic in his own mind! If he thinks this is possible, he aims at that target and get going. I respect that he often aims high.

Yes, other companies are more secretive and if things fail, they also won't lose face. Musk is obviously different in his approach... who else give away their patents for free?

He is for sure our next Steve Jobs who thinks differently. I wouldn't presume to tell him what to do.

He does deliver!
    Just usually not as much as he promises, but he does aim very high.

Even if he does succeed long term with Tesla or SpaceX, he certainly deserved a footnote in history for being the one who first gave these new games a real shot at succeeding. Others will (and have started to...) follow and somewhere some will succeed.
    And yes he was following from others, but he really did give both private space operations and electric cars a huge kick.

Colleague of mine is lemoning his wife's model x, leased thru her business...

Same issues spelled out by the consumer report... besides the horrible fit and finish for a $100k car, a/c failed multiple times, but at least that was fixed. gull wing doors sensors has been the most problematic. Varying temperatures could cause them to misjudge distances and cause the door to bang into walls/ceiling in his garages... I think tesla at the moment is just too focused on model3 and has no more resources to fix the model x... so he got frustrated and decided to return the car early.

Anyway, hope Musk has learned some lessons with Model X.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    The doors of the Model X were too much of a stretch IMO, it was cool and unique...which is fine for a show car, but can have trouble in the real world.

I like the fact that Musk isn't afraid to take risks, but sometimes just making a better electric SUV is enough.

Sliding doors, folding seats, would still have sold tons. But it's meant to be a flagship, premium product so I can see why they did what they did. My friends with Xes are happy with them so far.

Agreed, I have many friends who work for Tesla here.

Many of the customers have complained about things, but they wouldn't get rid of the car.

Yes, I hope my colleague is the rare exception that hired a lemon lawyer to get rid of the car..., surely tesla won't be able to afford too many of those incidences...

Anyway, maybe my colleague also has a part time gig at consumer reports... because CR's review complained about the same things...

After the model3 hump is over, tesla really need to dedicate more resources to keep their current customers happy.

Why a lawyer? California has really cut and dry laws for lemon vehicles. If it doesn't work and they've been unable to fix it, you lemon it. I can't see how you'd need an attorney unless you have been uncooperative with repairs or cannot demonstrate a problem.

No reason not to hire a lawyer, really. I assume it's contingency fee litigation with lawyer fees paid by Tesla in this case assuming they lose.

I've never lemoned anything before... so I'm not sure.

AC issue was annoying but should be much easily fixable. I do believe that was ultimately fixed after a number of failures during hot summer days.

As for the gullwing doors, it's probably more of an design issue and dealers couldn't easily fix that without engineering support. Plus, being temperature dependent... you probably couldn't reproduce the problem consistently everytime... So it's probably not a very clear cut lemon? Dunno.

How does lemon law work with these intermitten issues? As long as it works some of the times, then by definition it's not a lemon eventhough it can still sour the ownership experience?