Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

The car has to work as advertised or be repairable or you can return it. Song-Beverly is the law.

Quote Originally Posted by dodint View Post
    No reason not to hire a lawyer, really.
    Says the soon to be lawyer.

California: Bolt lease, $8k up front, $0/mo, 12k/year. Not bad, barely more than the Fiat was. I didn't even know that "one payment leases" were a thing.

Boardwalk chevy in NoCal has a $200/mon lease with nothing down... total $7000 worth of payments..., but only 10k miles/yr. still an unbelievable deal...

We rarely get these kinda deals at SoCal...

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    California: Bolt lease, $8k up front, $0/mo, 12k/year. Not bad, barely more than the Fiat was. I didn't even know that "one payment leases" were a thing.
    That's neat. How many years?
    Get that weak shit off my track

36 months.

It's really a good deal - I'm sorely tempted, but for me that also comes with a $3000 insurance premium which I'm less fond of. As always, I don't need new bad enough to foot that bill.

The regular 36 payment model adds like $1200 or something to the bottom line. Still a good deal ultimately, but with current investment options you'd likely not beat that savings hanging onto your money and going monthly so it seems like a big win.

I read that one payment leases usually only save a few hundred dollars, but it's certainly eye-opening that they exist and could be worth asking about. Given I could, I'd always feel better about just forking the cash over up front and driving "free" free for a few years.

Edit: If I went for this, that $11000 would be the most I'd paid for three years of transportation ever, by a large margin. Definitely can't stomach that.
    Last edited by thesameguy; October 24th, 2017 at 10:10 AM.

Yeah, EV insurance seems to be higher than typical...

However, consider the fuel savings...

Assuming you do 30mpg for 36,000 miles at $3/gallon. With my utility rate, I can save about 2/3 of that fuel cost @ .16 cent/kWh, which is about $2400. With your utility rate, you can save even more... nearly cancelling out your insurance premium..., not to mention you're polluting less... During the lease period, you probably have no maintenance needs and everything is under warranty! Considering you like to work on cars, that may be a draw back.

He'll come up with something to custom make using 3D printers and smoke.
    Get that weak shit off my track

Damn, that $8k lease sounds too good. Are the Bolts selling for well under MSRP?

Read that the Volt's 18kwh battery weighs 400lbs, does that mean that the Bolt's batteries are at 1200lbs?

Honda Urban EV concept ... so hawt
    Capture.JPG

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    speaking of that, on the Tesla Racing Channel where the guy drag races a completely stripped interior P100D, it still weighs 4,400 pounds ....runs mid 10's in the 1/4 mile

I wonder how much of that weight is the batteries and powertrain and what else could be removed and still run.