Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    so, insurance reasons

With no engine eating up space above the axle-line in the roadster i guess you either put an extra pair of seats or make the cargo area that much bigger
    I wonder if the 1000km range will make it track friendly (20+ minutes hot lapping) or one run to top speed and the car goes into limp mode

Quote Originally Posted by novicius View Post
    When I punch in 10,000 Nm into online calculators, I get 7,375 ft-lbs of torque.
    Audi did the same outlandish sounding torque figure on a concept e-tron some years back, but with half the claimed torque. Basically, they're taking gearing into account, which traditional car specs don't.

If you want to compare this to your car, find the peak torque, multiply it by the shortest gear ratio, then multiply it by the final drive ratio. If we do so for a 2017 Mustang GT with the 3.73 rear, we take 400 lb-ft times the 3.66 1st gear ratio, then multiply that by the 3.73 final drive, and we get a 5,460.72 lb-ft.

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    so, "insurance reasons"
    FTFY

Did you guys notice Elon put the big ass truck wiper onto the new roadster?

Wonder why he did that... I can't imagine that's very aerodynamic..

It also doesn't look like there's room to fold that behind the hood either... weird.

Yeah, that doesn't seem to fit. If you imagine it trying to activate, it seems like it wouldn't really follow the windshield well.

Plaid Mode:

My uncle already ordered one.

As for the truck, I think the market here is distribution centers for large stores. Walmart has already bought some. Publix (the main grocer in FL) would be a good fit. Maybe Coke bottling plants, that kind of thing. I don't think they're at the long-haul point yet.

Although, I think they showed two different sized cabs. This one looks like it has a door to a back compartment:

Other pics show a jump seat.

Relaxing and enjoying life MR2 Fan's Avatar
    gone plaid....lmao

Roadster!
    Now does it handle. Yes the weight is all nice and low, but it’s hard to hide too much weight.

TRY FIVE THOUSAND HORSEPOWER!!

http://www.businessinsider.com/tesla...omises-2017-11

The ability to actually deliver on its promises could be increasingly important to Tesla. "We believe progress or lack thereof in profitably ramping Model 3 volume (and thereby stemming cash outflow) will be the key driver of Tesla shares into 2018, rather than expectations for future products such as the semi-truck or incredibly quick next-gen Roadster, etc," Ryan Brinkman, an analyst at JPMorgan, said to a note to clients on Monday.

Brinkman said in his note that 2018 would be a make-or-break year for Tesla. As it burns through about $1 billion a quarter, it's more important to start making a profit on the Model 3 production than it is to impress customers with new vehicles that won't see daylight for years. It's worth noting that the Semi event was delayed several times as the company said it needed time to work on Model 3 production.

Tesla executives seem confident in their ability to pull off their updated target of 1,500 Model 3s per week by the end of the company's first quarter, Brinkman said. But Brinkman isn't so sure, and maintained JPMorgan's rating of Tesla as a sell with a price target of $185, about 39.68% lower than Tesla's current stock price.

And Brinkman isn't the only one that's bearish on Tesla. Bob Lutz, a former GM executive, called Tesla a "losing enterprise" and said it's "going out of business" on Friday, shortly after the company unveiled its new products.