Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

Biden admin often snub Tesla/Elon when making their policies for some reason. Some said it might be because Tesla’s not unionized? However, even in his state of union address, Biden praises only GM and Ford for all the wonder EV works… as if these established automakers were the ones making US a global leader in EVs.

https://fortune.com/2022/03/02/biden...-of-union/amp/

Anyway, of course they know about Tesla, but I just find it very odd that they act as if they don’t know about Tesla. Something must be going on that I don’t quite understand. Why is Biden admin acting this way and why Elon has moved more to the right.

Quite frankly, I’m not sure how Elon can safely navigate so far to the right in US and then still safely operate in China. Somethings gonna give eventually… or perhaps Elon will be able to act like a good Republican here and a good commie in China and nobody will see thru anything?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 17th, 2022 at 10:20 AM.

Again, they just changed the laws to heavily favor them.......

I don't care what Biden says, his actions and his administration say otherwise.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    I got lost there, Phil. Who is "them"?, the Chinese or GM/Ford?
    acket.

Them is Tesla.

The US congress passed a bill this summer stating that for a consumer to be eligible to receive the tax credit for buying an EV vehicle, the vehicle now needs to be manufactured in the USA. Previously, a person could get a tax credit for buying an EV vehicle regardless where it was manufactured.

All Teslas sold in the US are built in the US. Thus removing a bunch of competition. KIA EV6, Volvo V40 Recharge, Nissan ID.4, Nissan Leaf, Audi EVs, Hyundai EVs now do not get the tax credit.

Obviously it does help Ford and Chevy as well, but they are just beginning to get into the market. Tesla has a huge share and this only helps them.

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Got it!
    acket.

I'm sure if a law could be written to exclude Teslas, it would've been written that way. However, what could they do to exclude Tesla? Tesla being the main benefactor is probably not because Biden and the dems are secret admirer of Elon. Reality is that Tesla is a US company and one of the biggest EV makers. Naturally, it'll benefit the most out of that law.

To verbally avoid mentioning Tesla and seeing Elon moving more and more to the right are the actions I saw that's telling me something is going wrong between them. I don't really know who started it 1st and what they started, but their actions will likely only end up hurting themselves. Elon is stupid to piss off the liberal government and align himself more to the right. Liberal US government is also stupid for ignoring Tesla and then end up giving more and more money to Tesla and its customers.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 28th, 2022 at 10:05 AM.

Remember the Model Y?

I hadn't until today I randomly thought about it, and how you NEVER see them. Like I saw a couple when they first came out back in Florida. Haven't seen one in at least two years.

Model X's are fairly uncommon too, but I do see them from time to time. And they're expensive. The Y was supposed to be the really popular crossover version of the S, no?
    [oo) [|||] [|||] (oo]
    (_/__\_____/__\_)

Teslas (esp the X and Y) constitute about 35% of the cars I see everyday.

Depending on the state you live in. Model Y is the #1 selling car in CA. #2 selling car is the model 3.

I see a lot of model Ys in Seattle area as well.

However, I suspect the trend might reverse now with lower Tesla sales in blue states and increase sales in red states. Whatever. I don’t think I can afford a Tesla now anyways…

In case anyone is wondering, most of them are apparently driven by numbskulls. Then again, that's not surprising as most of the drivers on the road in HK are numbskulls.