Page 9 of 85 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Tesla!!!1 (Was: Tesla Sales banned in NJ.)

:drool:

Quote Originally Posted by thesameguy View Post
    I believe that's the case - the bill prevents any manufacturer to consumer relationship - there has to be an independent dealer in the middle.

It's unclear who Michigan thinks they're helping or hurting here. Rich people are not going to let state line get in the way of what they want - Michigan isn't a terribly large state anyway. And the bill doesn't prevent Tesla from opening a place where Ss are services, so it's not like there are actual roadblocks to owning a Tesla, just minor ones in buying one.
    The argument from the lobby representing dealers is that allowing multiple independently owned dealers sell the car as opposed to just manufacturer owned dealers is that it encourages competition between dealers, which in turn gives customers a lower price.

Of course, this argument is fucking stupid since essentially all dealers are doing is competing to see who can put the smallest markup on the price that the manufacturer could sell directly to customers for.

It's like banning people from visiting apple orchards and paying the farmers directly for the ability to pick their own apples, and then claiming that since there are multiple different third party fruit vendors, customers are somehow getting a better price that way.
    Last edited by Sad, little man; November 3rd, 2014 at 05:58 PM.

I'd rock that.

Their argument is that a middleman makes something cheaper?

Somewhere there is a "sell it a little bit at a time" joke in there, but it's not coming to me.

thats basically the argument.. that and somehow having a middleman protects the customer as well.

Well, actually the argument is that having multiple middlemen somehow protects the customer. Not just one middleman.

But yeah, basically.

Meanwhile in Australia

Looks like they are opening a show room.
    This is near my work
    Tesla.jpg

Just like iphones/ipads can be sold in apple stores or at&t stores... I think Tesla should just try to sell their vehicles as electronic devices. Besides selling online or in their showrooms, they also should utilize Best Buy and Costco or whatever retail stores as their 'middlemen' to satisfy that 'requirement'. Maybe even AT&T stores... sign a 2 yr contract and you get a bit of discount with your Tesla tablet with wheels!

Except, you know, that wouldn't work.