Page 172 of 177 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1766

Thread: Religion

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    can you explain to me why Jesus will not meddle in our world?
    No need to. There is nothing of interest in our world.
    acket.

So you believe the Catholic Church is entirely created by men? God is not involved in the creation of the churches around the world? Because God is not interested in anything in this world?

Mi amigo… maybe it is such theological doctrine that caused the differences between USA and Mexico.

You gotta believe Jesus is interested in saving this world, that’s why he came and planted his church here. What’s a Savior good for if he’s incapable of or unwilling to meddle in earthly affairs?

What good is a life guard if he’s not interested in diving in the pool to get wet? Our Savior is not that distant. Draw close to him and he will draw close to us.

Anyway, there are probably a lot of conservative Christian’s who believe God answered their prayers with the overturning of R v W. However, I just don’t feel the same way based on my understanding of the Bible.

My hope is that this was allowed to happened so that our government won’t turn too heavily to the right come next midterm.

If GOP wins big and Trump goes on the make America so great again and again… then maybe my understanding of the Bible is just wrong…
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 27th, 2022 at 09:41 PM.

Administrator
    I think maybe to further my last post - the whole concept for "the lord works in mysterious ways" is a thought-terminating cliche. When good things happen post-prayer, that's our god doing good for us. When good things don't happen, it's god working in mysterious ways. It's no different from any cult.

If it's good, it's the imaginary friend. If it's not, it's still the imaginary friend, only working in a way that you can never hope to understand. There is no outcome that cannot be attributed to the overseer. If God answers your prayers, that's great. If he/she/it does not, well, it was probably for a good reason that you're too dumb to understand. There is no outcome that cannot be attributed to the imaginary friend.

Exactly!

Our universe came to be because of imaginary friend!

Was the Bible inspired by this imaginary friend or just the worlds best selling and most published fiction?

Well, that depends on your level of faith.

Was the West based on this imaginary friend or fiction?

I choose to believe imaginary friend.

Look, if even numbers can be imaginary, why not a friend who loves and cares for us?

If the entire west has been based on fiction, maybe it’s time for it to collapse and just let China take over?

Choose what you believe wisely.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 27th, 2022 at 10:39 PM.

You gotta believe Jesus is interested in saving this world
    My god is only interested in saving souls and there's zero evidence that souls exist in the material world.

I hope that I made the point that religion is an entirely personal 'thing', for lack of a better word. And I hope that I made the point clear the there can't be a nexus from:

Code:
    My beliefs and aspirations <- Our laws <- Your body and your choices.
    That's not how it works.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; June 28th, 2022 at 05:19 PM.
    acket.

Again, why do you guys even bother? lol

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    My god is only interested in saving souls and there's zero evidence that souls exist in the material world.

I hope that I made the point that religion is an entirely personal 'thing', for lack of a better word.
    I can agree with you on what you said above, but it still does not help me understand your 'theology' of why Jesus would do absolutely nothing for you in this world and would just be sitting at heaven's door waiting for you.

Kingdom of God is at hand! That's what Jesus told us. What does 'at hand' mean? My take is that we could reach out and grab on to it... and as more of us grabbing on to it, it should not only make some difference in this world, but also improve this world.

I believe that's how the West got ahead of the rest of the world. Of course as the Europeans and Americans let go... we'd revert back to a more godless world.

Anyway, my point is that religions shouldn't be so private and so imaginary that it's all about the after life. A timeless and formless God should be able to access and intervene at all time and all space. In worlds who'd humbly follow Him, things should become better than before. Otherwise what's the point?

If God's salvation makes absolutely no difference in the here and now, gave us no evidences of anything, why should I believe Him that there's even a heaven? I know this life is just temporary and won't last forever, but God should still be able to leave us traces in this world. Naturally there'll be a lot of folks against him, take crucifixion for example. However, for the faithful, even if they're blind or crippled, their lives should still be transformed in this world. You shouldn't just have to wait til death in order to get better. Things are getting better the moment we choose to follow Jesus.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 28th, 2022 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Because you don't bother anymore, so they end up having to engage Billi.

When everyone put me on ignore here, then it'll be time for Billi to pack up and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Well, you see..

Anyway, my point is that religions shouldn't be so private and so imaginary that it's all about the after life.
    Nevermind.
    acket.

Ok, but still wish to add...

As part of body of Christ, my plan is to do what Jesus would do. Of course Jesus for sure would be much less annoying than Billi, but I'm just trying to aim for perfection, I know I'm way short of perfection at the moment... but at least within this life time, it'll just be an exercise to self improve to become more Christ-like and hopefully also impact this world in a more positive way.

Those conservative supreme court justices probably thought they're making a positive impact for Jesus too as they overturn Roe... I do not know with 100% certainty if that's really what Jesus wanted, but I do believe with 100% certainty that God will only allow things to happen if He can extract some benefit out of it.

Take the crucifixion for example. Who'd think it'll be possible to save the world by dying on a cross? Who'd think that Nazis and concentration camps actually help made the restoration of Israel possible? What people meant for evil, God can always turn it around for good. God indeed does work in mysterious ways, even in this world.