Page 173 of 177 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1766

Thread: Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    (snippets)
    it should not only make some difference in this world, but also improve this world.

In worlds who'd humbly follow Him, things should become better than before. Otherwise what's the point?
    Wow... you expect your life here to be better because god comes and helps you, I presume you mean in physical way. You want the santa claus god.

Shouldn't it be better because you and others help make it better. I thought he was like the coach that instructs and inspires the players, but its totally up to them to play on the field (where the coach doesn't go).

but I do believe with 100% certainty that God will only allow things to happen if He can extract some benefit out of it.
    Yeah that's the "gods a cunt" theory.
    He lets horrible things happen because of his mysterious ways. Kids starve, die, get molested etc. Plenty of good people live tough lives, plenty of terrible people live good lives. And god just lets it happen.

You can't say he has 100% control and then ignore the bad shit while claiming good stuff.
    Either he doesn't interfere in everything or he is responsible for allowing terrible stuff to happen.
    Oh but you will claim these bad things lead to better overall outcomes... doesn't help the molested and dead kids.
    Yeah an all powerful god who gets involved is a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    Yeah that's the "gods a cunt" theory.
    He lets horrible things happen because of his mysterious ways. Kids starve, die, get molested etc. Plenty of good people live tough lives, plenty of terrible people live good lives. And god just lets it happen.

You can't say he has 100% control and then ignore the bad shit while claiming good stuff.
    Either he doesn't interfere in everything or he is responsible for allowing terrible stuff to happen.
    Oh but you will claim these bad things lead to better overall outcomes... doesn't help the molested and dead kids.
    Yeah an all powerful god who gets involved is a cunt.
    Fuckin A right brother. Praying to God to have a 6yr old child not die from brain cancer…why did God allow such an innocent creature to get brain cancer in the first place? In the end the praying didn’t help btw.

An old favourite of mine ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    Wow... you expect your life here to be better because god comes and helps you, I presume you mean in physical way. You want the santa claus god.

Shouldn't it be better because you and others help make it better. I thought he was like the coach that instructs and inspires the players, but its totally up to them to play on the field (where the coach doesn't go).
    Did I ever say that I believe in doing nothing and just let Jesus do everything to make my life better?

Did the westerners do absolutely nothing and it was all Jesus that helped the west dominate the world?

I don’t recall saying that.

Kingdom of god is at hand meant we need to grasp it by faith. When kingdom of god is in me, then I can help myself get better and consequently help others get better and together we can help make a better world.

Jesus the coach did physically enter and play on the field 2000 years ago.

Now if God the coach wants something done but there are no players available to do the job, I have no doubt he will enter the game to play again.

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    An old favourite of mine ...

The subsequent posts can be summarized by this pic I suppose…

Like I’ve mentioned before, God is prolife and prochoice. As humanity makes poor choices, God will allow him to suffer the consequences. Prodigal sons dad let him make his choice and let him face the consequences of his choice.

Our future generations didn’t pollute this world, and if we don’t repent and fix things, they will end up suffering for our sins. Yeah, it’s not fair, but that’s life in this world. If Adam and Eve chose wisely and never disobeyed God, as long as we all choose to live life Gods way inside Eden, I’m pretty sure there won’t be any children with cancers or disabilities or being hungry. If we’ve obeyed and followed God faithfully and we’re still encountering these BS suffering, then you guys have valid points.

In a fallen world, where we can make choices against God, why do you expect everything to be smooth sailing? God did not create a ‘fallen’ world. The world only ‘fell’ thru A&E’s disobedience.

Just as our future generations suffering in climate crisis, should they blame God or perhaps they really should be blaming us?

After you buy a car and refuse to read the users manual and follow its instructions on how to use and maintain… and when something goes wrong, does it really make sense to blame the manufacturer?

Pretty much all of our world’s troubles are caused by us humans. Perhaps only natural disasters can be Gods fault?

The fact that we haven’t blown it to pieces yet is probably because of God’s behind the scene protection.

If an asteroid is about to wipe us out before Jesus returns, surely God has to intervene if SpaceX couldn’t save us or move us to Mars in time…
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 28th, 2022 at 10:02 PM.

If Adam and Eve chose wisely and never disobeyed God, as long as we all choose to live life Gods way inside Eden, I’m pretty sure there won’t be any children with cancers or disabilities or being hungry.
    "Created sick, commanded to be sound".

That's fucked up. Why do you worship him?

Administrator
    And that the children are the ones suffering cancer and disabilities because the adults disobeyed god, the adults that god created in his image. How fucked up is that?

I think I asked a question recently about whether those adults were even capable of understanding why it was wrong to eat the fruit, or what it meant to be wrong, if they didn't have the knowledge the fruit itself provided!