Page 175 of 177 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1766

Thread: Religion

Resistance is futile YW. You'll be in my prayers forever and ever and you'll end up making China free again!

Actually I was just kidding about the futile part. The choice is entirely yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    If we could magically remove all gods and all religions and all religious folks on this world, do you really believe sufferings will end?
    No, I just said the best explanation for that is that no gods exist. We'd save some time that could be put to good use though! (but it wouldn't be)
    Last edited by G'day Mate; June 29th, 2022 at 03:48 PM.

Billi - you say god gets involved, that's why the West and in particular the USA are "better".

How does he do this?
    And why does he not do things like remove cancer from these places?
    Heck why doesn't he do something to stop pedophiles using his name to have the power to groom and harm children?

Just seems odd that he does mystery little bits of help to make christian nations better (as long as they are not in 3rd world places!) but wont help the innocent.

And I dont think people are saying "if we could show god doesn't exist that suffering would go" - just that the concept of a loving and "involved" god seem incompatible with the horrors we see in this world, especially from "acts of god".

Thats why I can see the "god is just interested in souls" is a logical model. Doesn't get directly involved, but wants people to be good/better. Rewards those that are (and depending on your model - only if they also worship this god). That would easily explain why "acts of god" are random and often harmful, because they just happen, the deity doesn't stop/cause them.
    It also gets rid of the horrible idea that people are successful because they are blessed by god. This also implies those that suffer are somehow deserving of this punishment. Yeah Trump is clearly blessed and the dying kid is not worthy. This "blessed model" does seem to be popular amongst well off privileged people who like to justify their own lack of compassion.

I don’t think Trump is blessed. So I hope you understand your ‘blessed model’ isn’t quite compatible with my ‘blessed model’.

Anyway, my understanding is that our current world is in a fallen state because Adam fell. The world was not initially created this way according to the Bible.

It is because of the ‘fall’, the world now is able to allow cancers, wars, or whatever other disasters natural or not. Most notably, the lost of eternal life! Entropy is introduced into this world! Or the barrier against entropy is gone…

I know it’s sad to have children with cancer , but every life on earth is already a miracle! Earth could very well end up like Venus or Mars! Unable to sustain life at all, let alone allow a cancerous kid to be born!

It’s easy to compare ourselves to others and feel sorry for ourselves, but we seriously need to be grateful for every moment that we have.

In this fallen world, even Jesus himself could come and be completely innocent, but then got beat the crap out of and then crucified.

Yeah, God the Father appeared very much like a cunt and did absolutely nothing to save His supposedly beloved son. Why was God so mean?

I’ve already given you guys the answer, but you refuse to accept such cuntish answer. What else can I say?

Jesus Christ on that cross represents the tree of life V2.0.

Eat from it and you can have eternal life. If you’re happy with this one life you have and wish to live it in a way you want, that’s okay too.

Btw, I don’t believe Americans or white people are better in any way physically in terms of DNA make up, I’m just saying those who heard the gospel and put it into action 1st, seems to have gotten better 1st at living their lives closer to their potentials. As Europeans and Americans reject the gospel, their societies appear to decline as well. China with its plentiful resources and population naturally catching up to and challenging the Western worlds is "natural" order of things. For America(a nation with relative so few people) to dominate the world for so much and so long since WWII just seems a bit 'super natural' to me.

Yeah, correlation isn’t necessary causation. I know, but correlation seems very very strong, at least to me.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 30th, 2022 at 07:22 AM.

What in the actual fuck?

Sorry, I don’t understand your question.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
    What in the actual fuck?
    Wordsalad, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Wordsalad, man.
    Haha! Good one. I just shot a little drink out of my nose on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    For America(a nation with relative so few people) to dominate the world
    You do know that the USA is the 3rd largest population....
    Easily the largest of the first world nations. And one the largest by area, with lots of resources. Easier to access/use that vast area than say Canada.
    The USA has lots of reasons why it has been the dominant world power for 70 years - having "relative so few people" has not held them back.

Its not like we are talking about New Zealand being the dominant power.

Of course land mass is also important. That’s why Japan invaded China for natural resources…

But anyway, I’m basically comparing population size of China/India vs USA. China and India had way longer history, why aren’t they part of the 1st world nations? How does a country become a 1st world nation? My “hypothesis” is that faith could make a difference. As faith level of a nation’s population rise, that can perhaps help it develop faster/better. As the level go down, then we tend to see less ‘super natural’ developments.

As Americans’ faith level decline, with China catching up to challenge America’s supremacy makes more sense. Of course Chairman Mao did screwed China up big time, but even before the commies, China and India were still no match against the ‘Christian invaders’…

Now of course I don’t believe Christian should invaded anybody. They should only be spreading the good news. America is also making the same mistakes today, doing BS things all over the world…

When you get too powerful and prideful, you begin the play God rather than believe in God. As such pride rise, a fall will be inevitable. Europeans fell. Perhaps america will make the same mistake?

As China rise to the top, I’d prefer China becoming the next Christian power rather than commie in name only dicktator power.

I wouldn’t want someone who doesn’t even believe in God to play God.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; July 7th, 2022 at 09:42 PM.