Page 156 of 177 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1766

Thread: Religion

That is true. I have to admit I have even less understanding about history than science!

But the correlation is clearly there!

Japan and China copied the west or specifically America as much as they could, but copying following Jesus won’t be easy for the governments to implement...

If the atheistic Chinese could really continue to develop well for few hundred years, than maybe DN is closer to the real truth.

However I tend to believe people’s faith lays the foundation for them to properly develop and grow on. Japan and China’s longterm success without Christianity will render this correlation of mine in doubt... BTW, by success, I meant they'll have to be able to shed their copycat label and truly lead the world with their own developments that change the world... hopefully for good of course...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 22nd, 2020 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshInKC View Post
    It's really easy to support your theory of "The west is successful because jesus, and other areas aren't successful because not jesus" when you don't know anything about history.
    Not only that, but these sound like the same moronic arguments I've heard from crazy brainwashed people who will openly use the words "heathen" and "blasphemy" when referring to other religions at social gatherings.

A HA! Caught you un-ignoring me?

You know you can talk to me directly?

Or perhaps we Christians are just not worth your time?

Anyway, my prayers to God is still to free not only HK but also China! Of course I don’t really want Trump to free China, I want Jesus.

At the moment, both of those superpowers are pretty pathetic.

Is America really being very Christian at the moment? At least not at the top level... not sure Christ would grab pussies or lock up babies. But at least I believe there’s more hope living in America than China.

Administrator
    A nice little story about the Norwegian Seamen's Church down in San Pedro. My father would stay there when he was in the Merchant Marines and they were in port, and when covid is over I highly recommend going there and having the cardamom waffles they make on Sunday mornings.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...ht-to-darkness

Wow, what a cool church... I’ll definitely pay it a visit when Covid is taken care of...

When the pandemic is over, you want to get together and have some waffles there? And maybe get you baptized?

Administrator
    I think I actually am baptized. Pretty sure my mom said I was when I was a kid. Always down for waffles though.

No, need to be an adult and be willing to follow Jesus on your own free will to count, not by coercion or by seduction by waffles.

I like waffles
    And also was baptised as a kid

Good. See you in LA when Covid is over. We’ll have some waffles after both of your real grown up baptisms!

Today’s Sunday online service, pastor used the story in acts 27-28 to encourage us...

In short, it’s the story of apostle Paul being transported in a ship to go on a trial in Rome. However, the ship ran aground due to storm and Paul was also bit by a viper... but although the original plan was side tracked, God knows what he’s doing...

This story was shown to be very similar to our current situation. Surely most of our plans or friendships or relationships or perhaps political bipartisanship are all ran aground by this storm...

These external craps weren’t enough, viper’s venom could also try to poison us internally... with self doubts, loneliness, resentment ... we need to shake these things off just as Paul shook off that viper!

Anyway, as long as we hang on with hope, God is good and will be faithful with us... hey, we already made it thru 2020... whether 2021 be better or worse, good will eventually triumph!

Of course in Acts, Paul eventually dies, but heck, who doesn’t die? And because of Paul, people like me could also now experience the same kind of hope for a better future!

May God bless us all!