Page 174 of 177 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1766

Thread: Religion

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    "Created sick, commanded to be sound".

That's fucked up. Why do you worship him?
    I don’t understand how my post resulted in this quote you made.

I don’t even understand what commanded to be sound means ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    And that the children are the ones suffering cancer and disabilities because the adults disobeyed god, the adults that god created in his image. How fucked up is that?
    Pretty fucked up to blame a god you don’t believe in when our future generations suffer thru climate crisis we created too.

Made in gods image means we’re not actually god… only carbon copies who could live and love like god or screw up like humans. When A&E made the choice to disobey god, why is it God’s fault?

A&E fucked up, not God. You atheists can’t keep on trying to shift all problems to God you know. A&E can choose, and different choices will result in different outcome.

Prodigal son could decide to blame his dad all the way to the end and starve to death, but what good would that do?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 28th, 2022 at 11:02 PM.

I think I asked a question recently about whether those adults were even capable of understanding why it was wrong to eat the fruit, or what it meant to be wrong, if they didn't have the knowledge the fruit itself provided!
    I don’t think anyone can answer your questions fully based only on the 1st couple chapters in genesis. Perhaps only god himself can answer fully.

Anyway, do you understand why it was wrong? Would you not eat from the tree of knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I don’t understand how my post resulted in this quote you made.

I don’t even understand what commanded to be sound means ?
    That's a quote from a poem that Christopher Hitchens used to use. Link. I think it's related to what you say about "there would be no children with cancer", but never mind.

My question though is why you would worship a god who continually punishes humanity for the the supposed wrongdoings of our ancestors?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    I don’t think anyone can answer your questions fully based only on the 1st couple chapters in genesis. Perhaps only god himself can answer fully.

Anyway, do you understand why it was wrong? Would you not eat from the tree of knowledge?
    Ok so now we're at the point where you're accepting punishment for something our ancestors did based on an explanation that doesn't even make sense (or we can't understand, or perhaps God can't be bothered explaining), so why worship the guy?

That's a quote from a poem that Christopher Hitchens used to use. Link. I think it's related to what you say about "there would be no children with cancer", but never mind.

My question though is why you would worship a god who continually punishes humanity for the the supposed wrongdoings of our ancestors?
    So are you telling me that since our children will suffer thru climate crisis in the future, created by both theists and atheists, our children need to all become atheists as they suffer on this burning earth because becoming atheists will help them endure their sufferings better?

because I don’t want to repeat the same mistake made by A&E.

I want to be better so that my future offsprings won’t have to suffer because of my own stupidity.

Ok so now we're at the point where you're accepting punishment for something our ancestors did based on an explanation that doesn't even make sense (or we can't understand, or perhaps God can't be bothered explaining), so why worship the guy?
    Because if humanity failed to fix our climate for one reason or another, I’m hoping He would fix it assuming that he doesn’t want us extinct yet!

I worship the guy because I think he not only has the power to fix things but also loves us very much.

Suffering in this fallen world is now commonplace and could often be used to make us better. We all suffer thru exercises, studying/practicing/training and suffered thru a lot of things to get better. You can blame god for all those sufferings too if you want, but why blame all that on somebody you don’t even believe in?

Both Jesus and the Jews didn’t have to suffer thru the crucifixion and the Romans and Nazis if they just accepted Jesus in the 1st place. But no, we have to reject Jesus… so Jews ended up suffering for a long time. Jesus suffered too.

We should just blame Jesus for coming in the 1st place for causing so much suffering on himself and everyone else? That sounds reasonable to you?

I actually appreciate Jesus for coming. Pretty sure this world would have even greater meaningless sufferings without him.

Remember, lots of atheists believe humanity needs to be wiped out in order to save planet earth. Humans really should be the ones being blamed. Not the invisible god!

However, placing blame is pointless. God not only wants to save earth, god wants to save humanity. We are all currently the cancer destroying this world, but god is doing his best trying to save all of us, without forcing us… because he’s not only prolife but also prochoice!

This world is now the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Jesus is the new tree of life.

Choose wisely mate! God loves you, believe it or not. That love isn’t faith based.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 28th, 2022 at 11:48 PM.

I don't have to believe in something to ask someone else questions about their belief.

I also thing the best explanation for suffering, global warming, etc. is that no god exists. Or at least not one that cares and is worth of all the time spent on him/her/sklee.

God wants his children to learn to be responsible for their own shit and not just magically wipe away all the mess so that the spoiled kid would end up creating more messes again and again. God's children need to grow up too and not be a childish kid for all eternity. We need to be child-like with our hearts, but we shouldn't be childish like that.

Like I said, Jesus didn’t have to come to suffer on the cross. If I were Jesus, I’d certainly forget about humanity and just wipe them out or just ignore them and let them rot away.

Maybe I’ll die for my wife and kid, not sure I’d sacrifice myself like that for anyone else…

So I’ve concluded that Jesus must love humanity enough to suffer on the cross like that?

Anyway, I’m given the opportunity to eat from this new tree of life. I don’t want to repeat the same mistake Adam made. Feel free to choose freely. God's salvation is both pro eternal life and also pro choice. You don't have to have it if you don't want it. If you think you can do better than God, by all means give that a try. If you can really do better than God, I'm sure He'll be very proud of you. I just don't think I can do better than God.

Another thing with humanity is that we can get too proud easily. When we're suffering or handicapped or addicted or bound by something..., it's easy to try to call out to God for help. Once situations normalizes and as we continue to develop at a higher level, often times our egos would end up getting too bloated and we'd forget to be careful... and then begin rotting to the core. Whether it's bible or secular history, plenty of cases of civilizations collapsing after peaking. Most famous case in the bible is probably King David? A great godly man after God's own heart. From a shepherd boy who his own dad would often forget about his existence... God helped him become king of Israel. He was a great king... but at the height of his career, somehow he's forgotten about God... perhaps Bethsheba was really just too awesome to watch while taking a bath. David would end up taking another man's wife and then kill that man... all because he thought he can. His pride probably caused him to fall? Young David would never do that!

Modern day equivalent of King of Israel David would probably be the 'King of the world' America... Had America been a better king, our world would've been way better than what it is now... At the moment, both the left AND RIGHT are drifting away from God.

Anyway, I'm rambling on for too long... I hope I'm answering clearly and I hope you can see where I'm coming from? I know you probably won't agree with me, but that's okay... we all have to make our own life choices. We are responsible for our own lives and our future generation's lives. Choose wisely mate. You know, either way, we're all going to suffer in this world. I think we can all agree on that. I just thought suffering with God is better than suffering hopelessly without God.

If we could magically remove all gods and all religions and all religious folks on this world, do you really believe sufferings will end?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 29th, 2022 at 07:42 AM.

Pigs and mud, man. Don't bother.