Page 12 of 177 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion

Ask me about my bottom br FaultyMario's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    scientists, they do have proofs
    Yes,
    Bible offers no proofs. Everything's faith based.
    Yes, and

Some people worship science
    No, no one did, ever.

science and religious faith shouldn't have to be mutually exclusive.
    As per your own definitions, yes they should.
    Last edited by FaultyMario; March 21st, 2014 at 12:55 PM.
    acket.

No proof, but that Jewish physicist used Einstein's theory of general relativity to show that our universe could be BOTH billions and thousands of years old... depending on where you are relative to the expanding universe. The expansion makes you feel like you're in an old universe..., but if you're outside of that expansion, that expanding universe is only thousands of years old. He didn't just used the bible and said God said so. The guy actually used scientific theory and made calculations to show people that it is possible.
    Again, we have been here for billions of years. We are not outside the expansion. Time is relative to location. We have been in the same "location" for billions of years. Not thousands.
    Remember time is relative. Inside it, everything seems old. Outside the expanding universe, not quite so. God is somebody outside of our universe for He supposedly created it.
    Since when is god outside of our universe? Where does it say that in the bible? I don't even think the people that wrote the bible knew anything about the universe.

However, Bible always claimed universe had a beginning... and it began with 'light'. Matches pretty will with the Big Bang theory, when our universe just burst in out of nowhere started off with just pure energy... and then everything fell into place.
    Energy =/= light.
    Somebody controlling it or pure luck? Whatever you want to believe.
    Evolution is still happening today. We have evidence of it. No one is controlling anything. There are roughly 10000000000000000000000 stars in the universe. Of course we came into existence due to chance.
    Remember, this Bang couldn't be too weak or too powerful... if it didn't bang in the way that it banged... our universe wouldn't form properly.
    The universe formed the way it did because of how the Big bang happened, not the other way around. Only someone derived enough to think that the universe revolves around them would think that it had to form the way it did, in order for us to exist.

Wanna Fight?
    We are special/chosen/made in his image/unique...we are evil and flawed by default.

Cognitive dissonance.

Cognitive dissonance does not even begin to explain it.
    acket.

Quote Originally Posted by FaultyMario View Post
    Yes,

Yes, and

No, no one did, ever.

As per your own definitions, yes they should.
    Just as hardcore Muslims probably want to kill all Christians and hardcore Christians probably want to wipe out all Muslims because they don't believe the 2 can mix, they must be mutually exclusive...

Reasonably minded Muslims and Christians will be able to co-exist peacefully in a land where there's religious freedom.

Similarly reasonably minded scientists won't really have a problem with religion... and reasonably minded religious folks won't have a problem with science.

If one thinks religion ought to be wiped away using the name of 'science', then that person's most likely a 'worshiper' of science and thinks there should be absolutely no room for religion... a scientific extremists if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by 21Kid View Post
    Again, we have been here for billions of years. We are not outside the expansion. Time is relative to location. We have been in the same "location" for billions of years. Not thousands.
    Since when is god outside of our universe? Where does it say that in the bible? I don't even think the people that wrote the bible knew anything about the universe.
    Dude, I'm not arguing that we've only been here for thousands of years. Yes, based on what we know, universe is billions of years old. I'm not arguing against that.
    Now, according to the Bible, God supposedly created everything, that' includes this universe. Universe had a beginning, God doesn't. So however old or big the universe is, God is older and bigger. So as He create our universe, does it make sense for God to be inside of it the whole time? If you create a sandwich, can you be inside of that sandwich? Now of course God can be anywhere and everywhere. I'm just saying the reference frame during the creation 'days' was probably outside of our universe at the time. The reference frame then moved to earth after creation of Adam and Eve.

Whoever wrote the bible for sure didn't know what he's talking about, but just writing it down supposedly because of divine inspiration. Based on how the star chart seemingly remained constant, human scientists and scholars long believed we had a static universe with no beginning. Bible's claim of a beginning used to be ridiculed by the wise men of the past.

Energy =/= light.
    Evolution is still happening today. We have evidence of it. No one is controlling anything. There are roughly 10000000000000000000000 stars in the universe. Of course we came into existence due to chance.
    The universe formed the way it did because of how the Big bang happened, not the other way around. Only someone derived enough to think that the universe revolves around them would think that it had to form the way it did, in order for us to exist.
    You don't think Big Bang began with a big flash of light? BTW, here's a quick explanation of what light is: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...6141832AALPfsd Feel free to believe you're here by chance if you want, but I wish to believe I'm here with a purpose. We can't really prove each other wrong.

Perhaps we're both correct, just as our universe can be both 6000 yrs old and 13 billion years old at the same time depending on how you look at it. Depending on how one looks at his or her life, perhaps you're just here by chance... and I'm just here with a purpose?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 22nd, 2014 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    We are special/chosen/made in his image/unique...we are evil and flawed by default.

Cognitive dissonance.
    Adam and Eve were not created with flaws or evil. They were good.

They simply took a wrong turn by making a poor choice and fell into a pit of sin.

Kinda like the prodigal son's story. If you think life with Daddy is boring and wish to leave and make a better life, God the Father will certainly allow you to leave rather than forcing you to stay in Eden the paradise. If you're really happier else where, great. If you wish to return, all you need to do is eat from the new Tree of Life called Jesus Christ. Then you'll be able to return home. God wants children who really want to be His Children by choice. If you don't want to then I guess you don't have to. If a single mortal life on earth is good enough for you, ain't nothing wrong with that. But if you want more and if you wish to be with God, Jesus has opened up a Way for us. Choice is ours.

Just as hardcore Muslims probably want to kill all Christians and hardcore Christians probably want to wipe out all Muslims because they don't believe the 2 can mix, they must be mutually exclusive...
    You lying cunt, we're not talking about religions being pitted against each other. You made one of your idiotic questions, which was simple enough to answer, even with your own words. Own that up before you introduce new elements foreign to that debate.

You are a lying sack of shit. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt, but it's become impossible to justify.

You are a hater. You hate truth and you hide behind literalism to shelter from it..
    acket.

It was analogous to pitting science against religion. only the very extremists cannot be opened minded enough to allow both.
    anyway, what is the truth? Based on what were you able to make the determination that I hate it?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 22nd, 2014 at 02:25 PM.

Bible's claim of a beginning used to be ridiculed by the wise men of the past.
    How interesting. Can you back this up with links?

These "wise men of the past" (who are they?), why did they not ridicule Mesopotamian mythology, which influenced Genesis, instead?

Or did you really think that Christianity is the only religion with a creation myth? Or even the earliest religion with a creation myth?

Also, what Mario said. If being a good person means spending eternity in the presence of people like Crazed_Insanity, well hello Evil! *wears linen and wool and eats an owl*