Page 132 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132
Results 1,311 to 1,315 of 1315

Thread: Religion

You guys, I think we broke Billi. He's gone all paranoid and isn't making a whole lot of sense.

I did enjoy the “get the hell” reference for satanists.

From my (limited) knowledge of satanists, many don’t actually believe in higher powers! Big false advertising. They do tend to have a bit more “what’s in it for me” view, without being what people would call evil.

As for atheists helping children, yes there are plenty. But as pointed out above, the vast majority of atheists don’t belong to an atheist organization or even think of themselves as atheists. They don’t say “what would Charles Darwin do?”
    So asking what they are doing is probably similar to asking “what are left handed people doing?”

Religions on the other hand are based on beliefs and morals and they promote and advertise those. Is it then surprising that people get upset when the organizations and its leaders not only break these morals but seem to go to much effort to cover them up to protect the organization. They should be protecting the members, not the leaders.
    It’s the massive hypocrisy that riles people.

We're all non-stamp-collectors

Jesus didn't like the conservative religious hypocrites 2000 years ago either.

Strictly speaking 'religions' are indeed stupid. Jesus didn't come to this world to just give us another 'religion' or another 'stamp' to collect. Jesus actually delivers.

Satanists as you say are just a bunch of selfish worshippers who got the name of their leader from the Bible. I don't understand why they're so lazy that they can't write their own bible.

With regard to discipline kids, pretty sure eventually Satan will be able to convince you guys that isolating kid during a time out could cause emotional harm to the kid too...

Religion aside, do you guys believe we have more or less spoiled brats today compared to previous generations? I'm not saying we need to spank kids more, child abuse definitely won't solve that problem, but I do believe parents today are not raising their kids with proper discipline.

I don’t think kids are much different.
    Maybe they are given less unsupervised time outside, parents tend to like to know where they are, drive them there. Use to have a lot more “be home by dark”.

Behaviour wise, I don’t think much has changed, some are brats, some are good, most are good most of the time!