Page 145 of 177 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1766

Thread: Religion

I think recent events has at least confused me quite a bit. Starting from Brexit, to the rise of Trump... from building walls, to complete shutdown of borders! When was the last time this kind of confusion happened in biblical history?

Tower of Babel time: https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...11&version=NIV

Yeah, of course we're not really building any towers now, but rise of secularism and globalism is somewhat similar. Humanity coming together believing we can do anything if we put our minds to it. Such unity isn't really bad, but the major problem is our pride... or our inflated ego making us to want to play God. Just as in the Garden of Eden... I don't believe God is fundamentally against knowledge and wants Adam and Eve to remain dumb asses for all eternity, but God is just against Adam and Eve's method of wanting to gain knowledge behind God's back... desire to be like God, without God. That's the danger that humanity can pose to this universe... or perhaps even other multiverses if left unchecked! If we are indeed a species who know what we're doing, there'd wouldn't be this crisis... or global warming or whatever financial crisis or inequalities or wars, right? Bottomline is that humanity needs help, but too egotistical to admit that we need help.

Anyway, so we now have this virus. Where did it come from? Who's fault is it? Yeah, I like to blame it on CCP, but ultimately the buck stops with God. As the Creator of all thing, surely He created this virus. He is the one destroying our tower of Babel. He is the one confusing us. He is the one separating us...

So Genesis chapter 11 started with the story of Tower of Babel, but it ends with His call to Abram. The father of faith... the only dude in the world dumb enough to believe and follow God.

I'm not saying God is going to call and rise up another Abramham in modern history, but I do believe this is a time created to test people's faith. Are you going to be like Abram or are you going to be like...

Romans 8:28 New International Version (NIV)
    And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

All things means both good and bad things..., including the coronavirus...

This coronavirus is clearly anti-love. It wants to keep us apart, shut everything down. Will it win? Or will Love conquer all?

I do believe God is love... and He is in control. Have faith, hope and most important of all, love, especially during times like these...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 26th, 2020 at 01:26 PM.

This crisis seems to be against your theory that Christian countries are blessed by god.
    Seems the hardest hit are amongst the most christian - Italy, Spain, USA

Maybe this is the sign you have been looking for

Only believers of the prosperity doctrine believe that God is all blessing all the time... if you believe in God, you'll be rich and troublefree...

Yes, God wants us to live our lives to the full, but that doesn't mean our lives won't experience trials and tribulations... See Job... and see His own Son Jesus.

We have to look it at from an eternal perspective..., but of course since we're mortals, we can only try to look at it longterm... For Job, in the end, he was blessed twice more... even for the kids that he lost, he gained double!

Similarly during Christ's crucifixion, people at the time could easily laugh and mock him on the cross... you the Son of God? You can't even save yourself!

But look at the world now. He has reset world's calendars and erased pagan holidays as his own...

Back to Abraham... who would've thought a goat herder back then would become the father of faith for Jews, Christians and Muslims... and his God clearly dominated the world religion stage.

Anyway, God can discipline His children too. Unbelieving Jews were left to die out in the wilderness and prevented from entering the promiseland. Israel as a nation has been destroyed multiple times too for its sins and unbelief. However, due to promises made to Abraham, Israel has always been resurrected again and again...

Will Italy, Spain, USA survive this or last a long long time? I can't say.

However, I'm pretty sure Christianity will continue on... unless Christ is bogus.

This coronavirus show hasn't even ended yet, why are you so eager to draw conclusions right now?

Our faith will be tested. Job and Jesus could've just cursed God and die and that'd be the end of them. However, as long as we maintain faith, hope and love... the story will sure to continue.

Lastly, do you think Christianity is on the rise or secularism is on the rise lately? Even in Spain, Italy and USA?

Religion aside, I'd still rather be in USA than in China during this outbreak. Trump is certainly a damn fool, but don't tell me you really admire China and would want to live there because they know what they're doing?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; March 27th, 2020 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Only believers of the prosperity doctrine believe that God is all blessing all the time... if you believe in God, you'll be rich and troublefree...

Religion aside, I'd still rather be in USA than in China during this outbreak. Trump is certainly a damn fool, but don't tell me you really admire China and would want to live there because they know what they're doing?
    So you are just ignoring your theory that evidence in favour of Christianity is its success - when they are doing poorly its just testing people.

The USA will end up with a higher death count and certainly a higher percentage of population.
    Id rather be in neither!
    Australia has less infections and death and much better financial safety net.
    But none of that is related to religion.

Yeah, Swiss remained neutral in WWII so they suffered minimal casualties. However, don't forget you can still see a cross on their flag.

Also, don't forget there's a cross on Australian flag as well!

Anyway, the key is whether if one could pass the test and reach the next level.

If it's better to not take any tests and be just as well off, then of course let's avoid these stupid tests.

However, regardless of religions, I think it should be clear even to scientists that no pain will usually result in no gains. Even Jesus Christ had to go thru several tests. I hope you can see Christianity has continued to reach higher levels over the past 2000 years... from the humble beginning on the cross.

In Christ, all things are possible!

Yes, only in Christ can I pray with this man and say amen...

Without Christ, there’s no way in hell...

Quote Originally Posted by MR2 Fan View Post
    Fox "News" propaganda machine in full force

https://twitter.com/LCRWnews/status/1269098948972523520

Didn’t want to respond to this in the politics thread so bringing it here...

It is kinda disappointing to see people on the right thinking like crusaders... as if God is relying on them to defend Him... as if without them, God could actually be dethroned?!?!? How little faith do they have?

These folks also often make the mistake of assuming God is always on their side but failed to examine whether if they are actually walking on God’s side... Are you walking humbly with God or are you assuming God is following you?

Anyway, my point is God doesn’t need our defense. Just look at Jesus. People could’ve worshipped and faithfully followed him and God would be glorified... or people could brutally kick Jesus’ ass and crucify him and God will still be glorified!

So IMHO, the Jesus most conservative right believe is probably a false idol that requires their defense. The one true God, in theory, should be undethroneable! I wish the conservative Christians could have bigger faith...

Administrator
    It really feels like there should be a South Park style
    • ???

before that last one there. Also, I believe that God doesn't have a throne, he does that thing that hip teachers do where he turns the chair around backwards before 'rappin'' with people.

Throne is simply symbolizing the whoever's in charge.

On the flip side, God often could give up this throne and let you be in charge for as long as you want... if you can do better, He'll gladly let you play God... whether if it's about controlling your own life... or your family or your city or your nation...

In the end, God would like to see people humbly and gladly beg Him to sit on the throne because sooner or later, people will realize there's none like Him. God really has all the time in the universe to wait for people to realize that reality.

Anyway, I was mostly just focusing on that last bullet point. As for those other points, I think those are the same points commonly being used against protests, right?

At HK, the points could be flipped just as easily...
    * to destroy communism
    * weapon of choice: police state's oppression of minorities in China from Tibet to HK
    * identifying victims being robbed of their freedom
    * organize the victim to fight for freedom
    * engage global solidarity to free HK
    * The West is trying to dethrone the CCP and shove Jesus and freedom down our throats!

Anyway, it's pretty much the same play book. I have to say CCP has learned from America well. They pretty much copy everything America does... even capitalism.

I only wish they would copy Jesus into Chinese culture... but just like they'd create their own versions of google, facebook, amazon... they'll probably create their own version of chinese communist Jesus. Something that they can have firm control over.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; June 7th, 2020 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dicknose View Post
    So you are just ignoring your theory that evidence in favour of Christianity is its success - when they are doing poorly its just testing people
    Of course. Everything is manipulated to somehow become proof of the existence of "Their God" and how he prevails over all others or whatever crap they want to spew to show the superiority of their belief. It's pointless having ontological arguments with people like this.