Page 153 of 177 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 1766

Thread: Religion

I’m not against science. I think people tend to have this false dichotomy between faith and science. Pro life and pro choice. Jesus cant be both god and man...

Look, I don’t trust CDC and WHO not because I hate science but because leadership at those organizations had been corrupted politically! They’re no longer pursuing science but decided to please Trump and Xi over science.

Bible is also not a science book and never claimed to be one. Only people like DN demand it be scientific or reasonable... but who are we to make such demands?

Bible is a book of HisStory. The only theory you can find in it is that God the Father demands His people to act justly, love mercy, and to humbly follow Him, and Jesus His Son came 2020 years ago to testify for his Fathers existence and to bring salvation to all who want it.

In due time, we will be able to find out if this is for real or not.

If Jesus is really true, over time, scientists should eventually be able discover this truth. If not true, surely scientists will be able to prove Him false.

Now, the only way we can test God according to bible is that we give a 10% of our earnings and see if He will bless you with more in return! Now, you don’t have to give to church if you don’t want to. Just give away to the poor or what ever charities you want. Have you tried such a test and God failed you?

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...e-about-50-50/

Have you guys seen this fascinating article claiming that perhaps there’s a 50/50 chance that we’re living in a simulation?

If someday we were to become smart enough to create such elaborate simulations ourselves, we actually further increases the odds that we are in a simulation...

Anyway, if there’s a slightest possibility that this real world could have a Creator... and if our world is simulated, there’s 100% chance that we have a creator... so chances are slightly higher than we were created by a creator whether we’re simulation or not!

But even if there is Creator, if I were to find out that He is an asshole, I’d stop following Him.

For now, I believe He’s good and I’m the asshole...

Well let’s see then. What would it take for you to agree or be convinced that a capital c Creator was an arsehole?

Why are you guys even wasting your time with this brainwashed moron? lol man

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    Well let’s see then. What would it take for you to agree or be convinced that a capital c Creator was an arsehole?
    Can we focus in on Jesus 1st?

Why do you think he is an asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    Speaking of brainwashed, you seemed to think Trump is an asshole, but how about Xi?

I hope you realize they’re both assholes.

Administrator
    I definitely don't think you're against science, but I also think that it doesn't make sense to compare faith in the bible with continuing to use the theory of relativity to describe the universe as long as it appears to be correct. I don't think you're against it, I just think you don't understand it as you seem to think that it's a system of beliefs and faith much like religion when it is very, very different.

Anyway, I simply used that example because it’s a famous example where we had an impossible to prove theory at 1st, but as tech advanced, we finally were able to prove it without any doubt. So there’s a period of time when we’re introduced to something that seemed so out of this world and there’s nothing the scientists could do besides to either choose to believe or think that Einstein is crazy.

With theology, yeah, it’ll most likely take a while to prove it without any doubt. At least with Christianity, once we can know for sure, the ‘simulation’ will probably end for us whether we meet him in heaven or meet him as he returns to earth...

I’m also ready for the possibility to just go poof after I die. I’m not 100% certain that Jesus exists too. Faith does mean that I’m not 100% sure, but choose to believe anyway.

I still think there is a possibility that if given enough time, scientists will be able to figure out all of our universe’s mysteries including its creator, or not.

Scientists do not have the final words yet.

Given that I cannot be 100% sure either way but I am 100% sure that I’m more of an asshole than Jesus, so I chose to believe and follow him. If I could truly faithfully follow him as described in the Bible, I’m sure he won’t steer me wrong. Of course I often fail, but still gotta try and try again!

Of course you guys are free to follow whoever role models you want. Not trying to shove role models down your throats.

Back to G’day’s post again, I just thought Europeans, the West, had a great role model for 2020 years. It’s just unfortunate that I think most of you probably had some bad Christian role models which prevented you guys from actually seeing who Christ really is... May God put more Christ-like role models your way...
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 16th, 2020 at 08:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yw-slayer View Post
    There’s so much worse out there - Billi ain’t so bad

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Can we focus in on Jesus 1st?

Why do you think he is an asshole?
    Nope, I want to know where your line for holy arseholeishness is. What would God have to do?