Page 154 of 155 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1544

Thread: Religion

God is invisible dude! I canít see Him so how can I see what Heís doing!

Okay seriously, if God cannot keep His promises, then He obviously canít be worthy of our worship.

God promised Abraham, who had no sons at the time, that he will be the father of multiple nations! That promise had come to pass, he indeed has became spiritual father of many Jewish, Christian and Islamic nations today!

Also, if Hitler or anyone else could successfully wipe out all Jews, Godís chosen people, then itíd be obvious that this God is not very potent...

Actually, if I live in a matrix that good cannot ultimately triumph over evil, then Iíd have a serious problem with that architect.

I know a lot of you tend to think the OT God was too mean due to various genocides recorded in the Bible... but are you guys seriously feeling sorry for Sodomites? Also, it was a dog eat dog world back then. If it wasnít them dying, itíd be the Israelites dying..., God wasnít going to break His promises to the Jews... and the pathetic little Jews needed to survive otherwise the world wonít have a bible no more!

I tend to think of it this way... each person is like a cell and bible is our DNA. Those who donít live by following the DNA faithfully are basically Ďcancerousí cells. Detrimental to normal healthy development. These cancerous cells could only be cut off or killed off. But after what Christ have done on the cross, we now have a new treatment! We could reverse cancerous cell and donít need to cut those tumors off anymore!

Relative to cancer cells, surely an oncologist seem like a very mean asshole, but is he really?

I just like to see an entire organization restored to healthy development thatís all. I really thought God had done a pretty good job on the West. I really wish gospel had spread eastward to China first...

Anyway, Jews didnít want it, so it went to Europe, Europe didnít want it so it kept going to America, if Americans donít want it, hope my dream will come true.

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    Thereís so much worse out there - Billi ainít so bad
    Yeah, but it's still a total waste of your time and energy. Just let him sit and fester in his own steaming bubble of crap.

I, for some reason, have this feeling like there's always this possibility of a breakthrough. Lord knows Billi has made complete about-faces in his overall life philosophy, so another isn't out of the question. I've made a habit that if I try to point out an inconsistency and he just doubles down on the same inconsistency rather than acknowledge it, that's when I just stop. I feel like it's a nice balance. He's either here to listen or to pontificate, and you can figure out which more quickly than I originally realized.

Gíday wish to discuss something. When weíre done, we will be done. Why are you here wasting your time YW?

You have something to say on topic, say it. If not, why are you wasting bandwidth in this crappy thread? Donít you have better things to do? Itís really stinky in here! Are you sure you want to keep coming in?

Deep down, you find poop irresistible, huh? Just like that fly on Penceís head?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 16th, 2020 at 11:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I, for some reason, have this feeling like there's always this possibility of a breakthrough. Lord knows Billi has made complete about-faces in his overall life philosophy, so another isn't out of the question. I've made a habit that if I try to point out an inconsistency and he just doubles down on the same inconsistency rather than acknowledge it, that's when I just stop. I feel like it's a nice balance. He's either here to listen or to pontificate, and you can figure out which more quickly than I originally realized.
    Well, I guess it's your life, time, and energy. Admittedly he's not roofer.

Roofer has a different Ďbeliefí such as he believes in no masks, but I still waste time pontificating about the advantages of masks because I see him as a friend. Heís not very happy about that but at least he also hasnít unfriend me yet.

Our time is indeed limited. Choose to use it wisely.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; October 17th, 2020 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Okay seriously, if God cannot keep His promises, then He obviously can’t be worthy of our worship.
    Do any of these count as broken promises, or would you just say they're not yet fulfilled: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/daylig...oken-promises/

Bible is also not a science book and never claimed to be one. Only people like DN demand it be scientific or reasonable...
    I just expect that if it is the word of the all knowing being who created the universe, that it would give a bit more insight into that.
    The creation story looks like it was the word of goat herders.

Bible is a book of HisStory.
    Possibly. Its also possible that its mostly a work of fiction. how did we get the baby jesus stories, but then he wasnt heard of for many years.
    and most of the written works about him are from much later by unknown people who didnt meet him.

In due time, we will be able to find out if this is for real or not.

If Jesus is really true, over time, scientists should eventually be able discover this truth. If not true, surely scientists will be able to prove Him false.
    It would be almost impossible to prove it false, unless another god comes out and says so.
    If there is no gods then this myth could go on forever.

What would convince you that god doesnt exist??

Anyway, I simply used that example because it’s a famous example where we had an impossible to prove theory at 1st, but as tech advanced, we finally were able to prove it without any doubt.
    We havent proved relativity.
    We cant prove relativity.

Both special relativity and general relativity were hard to test and so far all important tests have passed. But none of this "proved" them.

Actually we have proved that general relativity it is wrong - it cant reconcile with quantum theory. Both seem great in their areas, but cant combine. So both are actually wrong in terms of describing the complete universe. A better theory will fix this. But in many ways general relativity will still be "correct" in the same way that we still teach and use Newtonian gravity even though it has been disproved.

Again you show that you dont understand how science works.

And this style of science work (cant prove, only test and pass, or disprove) is not that applicable to an untestable faith based system. That could easily be proved (but hasnt been - because god refuses for his own sneaky reasons), but almost impossible to disprove without something miraculous. Heck aliens could turn up, welcome us to a collective of 1000s of other intelligent beings and tell us god doesnt exist and people would still justify the existence of a god.
    its virtually impossible to prove the nonexistence of something. Especially if that thing has ultimate power and almost anything can be explained by "they made it that way"

Quote Originally Posted by G'day Mate View Post
    Do any of these count as broken promises, or would you just say they're not yet fulfilled: https://www.patheos.com/blogs/daylig...oken-promises/
    Author is just way too negative and impatient IMHO. 1st of all, prophecy regarding the destruction of certain group of people..., what if God is merciful enough to change His mind? That's not good? If He said you're dead, you must die? Doesn't matter if you repent? Because God has to hold His promise to kill you? He can't change His mind?

Also One can call Tyre a city of ruins, built out of ruins. Egyptian Pharaohs were also long gone...

With regarding to Israel's territory or Christ's return... are you absolutely certain that Israel's territory won't ever change? Are you already sure after 2020 year, Jesus ain't never going to come back? How can you be so sure? Just a few decades ago, Israel didn't even have any land... Also the Jews waited for thousands of years for their messiah to come... of course some still don't believe Jesus is their messiah...

Anyway, did you noticed that the promises I pointed out gave the person or group in question more hope for their future? I didn't really dwell on the negative stuffs. Whereas that particular author is just trampling on hope and accusing God a broken promise keeper for failing to destroy people as promised...

Look, if a tumor isn't really cancerous, maybe we don't have to cut it off?

Can we focus on some of the more positive promises that God failed to deliver... also, Bible is clear that no one knows when Jesus will return, we can't include that as God's failure. Likewise the territory of Israel..., that changes over time so many times. That all depends on Israelites' faith in God. I think they peaked during King David/Solomon and then it's been down hill ever since..., but who knows? My yardstick is that Jews will always survive... and if you ever try to kick their asses, rest assure God will kick your ass back for them much harder. It happened to the Egyptians in the bible and it happened to the Nazi's in modern history.

If Jews were all dead and if there are no more Christians left, then it'd be clear to me that bible is fake.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; Today at 09:26 AM.