Page 34 of 177 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Oh right. So now anything that you don't place under your really fucking weird definition of 'love' is 'fucking someone over'?

Every post....cuntier than the last. It's incredible.

Also, "we" should hate anything Billi doesn't deem 'love'. Vile, egotistical and not remotely "christian".
    You don't have to use my definition of love. feel free to use yours.

Is it possible to do anything wrong if you do things out of Rob kinda love?

Wanna Fight?
    Don't try and deflect. Your definition of love purports to be that of your god. Mine doesn't. Mine is irrelevant to a discussion about religion.

Also, stop saying "we" when all you can vouch for is you.

Wait, that bit about killing was Old Testament. You said that those words didn't count anymore because of the New Testament.
    Never said OT laws can be completely ignored. Jesus didn't come to abolish the old, but the fulfill the old. Nobody's perfect and therefore nobody can completely obey all of the laws in OT, so if wage of sin is really death, then all deserve to die. But the perfect Jesus died for us and paid our wages instead so we can have a chance to live.

My example also illustrate that OT laws are not as absolute and rigid as you think. Since we sinners can't be as perfect as God, most of these laws were in place to draw the line at the low points... Some of the bars are set pretty low... please just don't cross those lines!

If you can't love somebody, at least don't kill that somebody just because you hate him! But if you really Do have loving justifications for crossing that killing lines, I'm sure God can understand why you killed a suffering person.

This religion isn't just about letter of the laws, but the spirit of the laws.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 3rd, 2014 at 11:33 AM.

Don't try and deflect. Your definition of love purports to be that of your god. Mine doesn't. Mine is irrelevant to a discussion about religion.

Also, stop saying "we" when all you can vouch for is you.
    Not trying to deflect. Just thought you don't recognize bible's version of love so I invited to just consider your own kind of love. NT also tells us that Jesus taught that we should love others as we love ourselves. So even Jesus' not demanding that we go strictly by bible's definition of love. Whatever kind of love you can mustard, whatever you have to offer is good enough for Jesus. He's not demanding perfection here.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    Kid, God can see and know all things of course. He enjoys that we love Him and love one another.

Besides defining sin and doing things God doesn't like, I was simply illustrating a point of sin is basically doing anythings without love.

Take "thou shall not kill" for example. Killing is supposedly a sin according to the bible. It'd be kinda hard to kill somebody perfectly healthy and justify that as a loving act. But if somebody were sick or injured and suffering and there's just not much medical help you can provide, then perhaps putting him out of his misery is the best thing to do. Under such circumstance, I don't believe God would see it as a sin.
    I think you're confused to what a 'sin' is.

sin/noun
    1.an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law.

It has nothing to do with 'love'.

Jesus said the greatest Divine Laws are these: Love God and love one another.

I believe in Jesus.

Wanna Fight?
    Prove it. Without referencing the bible in any way as it is the very definition of Unreliable Narrator.

Also, whilst you are at it, explain where in either of our nation's laws that "divine law" applies.

Furthermore, you could show us how judging the actions (you don't like) of others constitutes either "loving god" or "loving one another" because I don't see the link.
    Last edited by Rob; April 3rd, 2014 at 11:39 AM.

Okay, I can only prove it using the Bible as source:

Mat22:36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

I believe both of our nations are not theocratic... so none of our laws are divine laws, but our secular laws certainly were most likely based on some of those divine laws in OT. With regard to these 2 greatest divine laws, our current legal system can't even cope with it... for just like God, it'd be difficult to prove love in any court of law. How can we present evidence for love? Can't.

If we could, then our legal system definitely would not be as messed up and we wouldn't need a thick freaking law book. Students in law schools only need to learn these 2 laws Jesus showed us.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; April 3rd, 2014 at 11:51 AM.

Wanna Fight?
    Prove it. Without referencing the bible in any way as it is the very definition of Unreliable Narrator.
    Okay, I can only prove it using the Bible as source:

Go back and answer the challenge as it was asked instead of doing your usual bullshit routine of ignoring everything asked of you.

Take "thou shall not kill" for example. Killing is supposedly a sin according to the bible. It'd be kinda hard to kill somebody perfectly healthy and justify that as a loving act. But if somebody were sick or injured and suffering and there's just not much medical help you can provide, then perhaps putting him out of his misery is the best thing to do. Under such circumstance, I don't believe God would see it as a sin.
    I just can't get over the irony here. I don't even have to point out how ridiculous this is because you do it yourself.