Page 51 of 177 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Religion

Assuming that the whole Adam and Eve thing is actually a factual account, little kids with cancer in the year 2015 had no bearing on the first human's decision to decide to be both good and evil.

Making little kids pay for the decision of one person thousands of years ago by giving them terminal diseases is fucked up.

Explain to me why it's ok for little kids to have cancer, just explain that to me.

Either there is no god, or by your logic, god is a sadistic maniac that is making little kids pay for the mistake of one individual several thousand years ago. Those are the only two possibilities for explaining kids with cancer.

It's most definitely not ok for kids to die of cancer, or hunger, or any sort of accidents. Humanity were suppose to be able to live forever. Like I said, due to one mans lack of faith, all of his descendants became suffering mortals. However, if you do have faith, one mans suffering on the cross can get us back together on track with our maker. Then there'll be no more sickness or death or evil. Of course such transformation isn't instantaneous, we'll have to also wait until the passing of this world...

Anyway, I truly believe our maker loves us a he is good. Even if it's all BS and there won't be any happily ever after, I have no moral issues following Jesus' teaching in this life. Main struggle would be my inability to live such a perfect life.
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 2nd, 2015 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazed_Insanity View Post
    However, if you do have faith, one mans suffering on the cross can get us back together on track with our maker. Then there'll be no more sickness or death or evil. Of course such transformation isn't instantaneous, we'll have to also wait until the passing of this world...
    See, saying this makes it even worse. Based on this, that means that even if all the little kids with cancer devoutly believe in god, they're still gonna die because of something some guy did thousands of years ago.

So, basically, even though god is all powerful and he could cure sickness at any time, he still lets little kids die of cancer, even if they believe in him, and the only point at which kids will stop dying of cancer is when the world ends.

That's sadistic.

Maybe it's sadistic to you. Some might even think God allowed his one and only son to suffer for us is sadistic too! Yes. God could've prevented these things from happening, but to me, these things demonstrate Gods love for us.

He could've offer us no choice but to be forever locked in paradise Eden. That way nobody has to suffer anything and we'll all be able to live happily ever after. That sounds wonderful in theory, but what if mr fry really want out of Gods paradise? There would be no way out. Perhaps there are folks who just don't want to live under gods tyrannical rule? Tree of knowledge offered folks an exit. For those who really want back in, Jesus is the way for them to come back. God loves all of us, but he also doesn't want to force all of us to love him back because such love wouldn't be true. In order for it to be true love, these seemingly sadistic things inevitably will happen.

My odds with god remains as I often wonder what happen to these babies? They don't even get a chance to choose anything yet? However, I guess I'm just not all knowing and have to trust god knows what he's doing...

Anyway, let's cease arguing with words. As screwed up as this world might be, we do still live in a free nation... able to freely choose whatever we want to believe. It's okay to not believe in God. I just think it's unreasonable to expect God's blessings and protection(such as never having children meeting untimely deaths), yet refuse to want to have God's presence. Kinda like freeloading kids... wants to live under daddy's roof without having to live under daddy's rule? Maybe if you were God or a parent, you might want to spoil your kid like that. I wouldn't spoil my kid that way and as far as I know, God is not that kind of God.

Anyway, I'm sure most find this post boring, let's end this boring discussion with some music:
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 3rd, 2015 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sad, little man View Post
    See, saying this makes it even worse. Based on this, that means that even if all the little kids with cancer devoutly believe in god, they're still gonna die because of something some guy did thousands of years ago.

So, basically, even though god is all powerful and he could cure sickness at any time, he still lets little kids die of cancer, even if they believe in him, and the only point at which kids will stop dying of cancer is when the world ends.

That's sadistic.
    Putting a positive spin on it, is it better for them to die seeing death as the end, or die with the hope of an afterlife?

Right. Although there's absolutely no concrete proof that God can resurrect the dead or any sort of afterlife, if I have to end up holding and witnessing my child die in my arms, should I just remain a sad little man or have faith to believe that someday I'll see my beloved kid again and will be able to be with him/her for all eternity free from all form of troubles... Why must I choose to remain a sad little man? Of course, not saying I won't weep, but I think it's good to have faith, hope and to love even when my kid is gone...

If God is bogus, what have I got to lose? If God is real, I have everything to gain.

If you don't need God and have a much better coping mechanism when faced with tragedy, great. More power to you.

As for me and my family, we choose to believe in God! This 'coping mechanism' also does help us live a fuller life right now..., even if there's really no afterlife... Christianity's influence on known human history in 'this life' is undeniable. Yeah, Christians certainly have screwed up in the past, but we are steadily making progress. I believe the best is yet to come... even in THIS life, in this messed up world. I don't know for sure if we'll have afterlives, but I BELIEVE they'll be even more awesome!
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 3rd, 2015 at 09:54 AM.

I do not know if there is an afterlife. If there is, is almost certainly has fuck all to do with the Bible, or any other ridiculous religious text.

So I choose to not know and not care. And that IS the coping mechanism, because it makes me live my life fuller, knowing that it's the only life that I have for sure. I do not live a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by tigeraid View Post
    I do not know if there is an afterlife. If there is, is almost certainly has fuck all to do with the Bible, or any other ridiculous religious text.

So I choose to not know and not care. And that IS the coping mechanism, because it makes me live my life fuller, knowing that it's the only life that I have for sure. I do not live a lie.
    Raised as a christian, this is ultimately my stand now after watching kids and others suffer. Billi, genetic diseases that can only be explained by science pisses me off when people like you say there is a plan. Fuck that. Don't fucking lie to your children saying you 'know'. You don't know. you have a feeling and nothing more.

Tell the truth.
    Last edited by Godson; February 3rd, 2015 at 10:59 AM.

Never made the claim that I know the reason why kids die prematurely. Also never said God planned their deaths. God's plan is to save us, not to see us perish. Please read my posts carefully.

I believe Jesus is the Way, Truth and Life. Nobody's forcing you to believe it.

You speak of telling the truth... do you honestly know the truth? My faith is based on an old document. What do you base your current belief system on? Or how do you know if you know the real ultimate truth? Just because you witnessed death and suffering, you all of a sudden know the ultimate truth?

When one's living inside a 'Matrix', how does one know the real truth when there are still so much unknown?
    Last edited by Crazed_Insanity; February 3rd, 2015 at 11:35 AM.

Saying that it is "God's Plan" is saying you do know why they die prematurely. Because He says it is what is right. When did he say it was right, and ancient document that largely has been disproven countless times? It ultimately states that you have no freewill or choice in anything. Which is utter bullshit.

My truths are based on empirical data that is constantly evolving and being adjusted to be as accurate as possible. Not a document that was written thousands of years ago by a bunch of men that decided what could and could not be in the document based on their vote and the inability to change or alter it in any way, yet 'interpretation' is wildly different and largely open to whatever any person thinks it should be.

Their is no ultimate truth other than life isn't fair and for a Ultimate and Supreme being that is omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent to allow shit like this happen. No matter how you turn it. If there is an ultimate plan, it is utter bullshit to let a kid suffer through the trials and tribulations of things we have no cure for, palliative or in any other sort.

Similar note, if God is omnipotent, can he make a rock so big that he can not lift it?