Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MGS V

Junior Potato

MGS V

So hey I'm trying to find the PSN link to pre-order Ground Zeroes for PS3 which comes with the free copy of Peace Walker HD.

I saw it in the store yesterday but she's not there today.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why this might be the case?

Junior Potato

Voodoo economics!

Junior Potato
    I think I finally found what could be an explanation: the game is delayed in AU and NZ until the 27th, which was revealed yesterday.

But that doesn't explain why I can't pre-order it on PSN.

And there appears to be no explanation for the Aussie release apart from some speculation that the X-bone disc version won't ship in time.

The only reason I want to pre order is to get a free copy of Peace Walker but I was going to buy the MGS Legacy compilation anyway so I'll just forget about it for now and eat a snack of maybe some crisps and a ham sandwich.

Wanna Fight?
    You can speedrun it without glitches in around ten minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dINNhfwVgI

Junior Potato
    So it's payday and today I walked into EB then walked out again some $90 lighter with six games I already own and one that I don't.

Good thing I was planning to get the HD editions anyway. Legacy Edition will do.

All I did after that was spend 45 minutes playing MGS2 again, and now I'm drinking beer!

45 minutes playing MGS2? So, one cutscene?
    Get that weak shit off my track

Junior Potato
    Nah, beat Olga then went back inside the boat.

After dinner I fired up Peace Walker and played for an hour. That was 45 minutes of cutscenes and 15 minutes of sneaking.

I had the itch, but couldn't find the legacy edition, but got the HD collection (MGS2, 3, PW). Firing that bitch up now, and then maybe I'll finally get around to beating 4.

EDIT: Turns out when you fire it up, the games are listed in Chrono order of the story (3, PW, 2). How would you guys suggest you play? Chrono or release?

Expert daydreamer SkylineObsession's Avatar
    Bloody good question.

If you aren't worried about graphics, then maybe chrono, but yeah. Not sure how i'd do it.

Actually, i'd probably just play through by release date, as they pretty much explain it all in the storylines anyway i think.